Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2014, 07:01 AM

Re: All Change at Tesco

Our local Sainsbury had a huge refit and big extensions built two years ago, I used to shop I there but the prices went up and it just isn't easy to shop there now so I went on line and shop with Tesco. I know many people walked away from them since too.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2014, 07:09 AM

I never use one particular supermarket. There are four fairly close to where I live and I tend to shop at various ones each week. I don't understand loyalty to a particular store either.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2014, 08:22 AM

I am loyal to brands some shops have better value brands than others, Tesco is fairly good, sainsburys too, morrisons mostly yuk, best though more expensive is waitrose essentials.

Also I like to know what is in stuff and I can't be checking every shop so I choose one and find out what I can about the products so I can shop quicker.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2014, 10:40 AM

I agree Julie, I only like some of the Tesco brands ....
Went there this morning, a nightmare again and its been 4 weeks and see absolutely no change !
Shelves still empty and most things moved around, but cant see any improvements done at all !
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2014, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Went there this morning, a nightmare again and its been 4 weeks and see absolutely no change !
Shelves still empty and most things moved around, but cant see any improvements done at all !
Well, the company is saying that these store renovations are at the heart of their fight back against the likes of Lidl & Aldi so your reports don't fill me with confidence.

Would you be good enough to come back on this thread in 2 or 3 weeks when (God willing) it will be finished and say if it's a better shopping experience, or not.

It is runmoured our local Tesco supermarket is going to have the same 'refurbishment' done on it, from your experience I think we might have to go away for a month or two
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2014, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Well, the company is saying that these store renovations are at the heart of their fight back against the likes of Lidl & Aldi so your reports don't fill me with confidence.

Would you be good enough to come back on this thread in 2 or 3 weeks when (God willing) it will be finished and say if it's a better shopping experience, or not.

It is runmoured our local Tesco supermarket is going to have the same 'refurbishment' done on it, from your experience I think we might have to go away for a month or two
I will Harvey - unfortunately its at least another 4 weeks to go yet !
Hope you don't have to go through it .....
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I will Harvey - unfortunately its at least another 4 weeks to go yet !
Hope you don't have to go through it .....
Thank you Patsy, I really will look forward to your thoughts, in the meantime I will let you know if i see the 'builders' moving in to ours
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Tesco's popping up everywhere here, if not supermarkets then Metro,could desperately do with Asda or Morrissons!
Aren't those metro's the worst thing ever, you are in a strange town and notice you need some petrol, you see what you think is a filling station, so you pull in to fuel up, you take the nozzle off the pump, stick it in your fueling pipe and wait for what seems an eternity, finally it registers and your away. Whilst filling up you notice that for all the time you've been on the forecourt, no one has exited the filling station, got in their cars and drove away, you replace the nozzle, put your fuel cap on and enter THE METRO!, there are only five cars on the forecourt, but there are eleven people in the queue, there are two cashiers, one is weighing fresh veg, and bagging it up, the other is checking someone's previous 23 lottery tickets for non existing winning lines and furiously pressing a bell to summons assistance. When you finally get to the front the assistant says "Sorry for the wait" and I reply "That's O.K".
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

04-06-2014, 12:38 PM

I used to do the same Spittie - 'Oh that's OK' .... Now, I let them know its 'not' OK
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

04-06-2014, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Thank you Patsy, I really will look forward to your thoughts, in the meantime I will let you know if i see the 'builders' moving in to ours
Hope you don't !

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top