Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2013, 06:41 PM

Re: supermarkets self service check outs

seaspirit, are they allowed to say that?!! What is wrong in getting the Polish staff to speak English?! That is outrageous!
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2013, 07:18 PM

Jazzi can't do that it offends them, wonder if they can, our big issue lady can't spell her name in her own language, she wanted something put aside in the shop and being dyslexic I make everyone write their own names on the things they want to return for and she couldn't
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2013, 08:09 PM

I quite like the self-serve tills and will use them if they're there if I'm in a hurry. I don't tend to do 'big shops' so that generally isn't a problem. Never had any trouble with the self-serve tills either.
Dollychris
South Wales
Dollychris is female  Dollychris has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2013, 08:14 PM

I find that the self service checkouts often take as much time as waiting in a queue. They need an assistant to help so many times I wonder if it is worth it. Don't like the idea of these checkouts taking jobs from those who need them either...................Not for me but I am one of those people who hates change anyhow.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2013, 08:58 PM

Twice now my daughter has advised me to use those things in Sainsbury's and twice we ended up calling for help and taking longer than if we'd waited in the queue!
Tesco now have "self scanners" great for keeping an eye on your spending but, not if you forget to scan every other item!
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2013, 09:01 PM

Fortunately I shop at Lidl (except for the occasional one at Tesco whilst I'm in for my ciggies) and they don't have self-service checkouts so the only option is the old fashioned way.

I can see why they have self-service and if they actually worked flawlessly they'd be great, but they DON'T!

The wife used one one day back at Christmas time last year when she was just in for a few odds and sods and when she got back to the car she looked exhausted. Apparently it wouldn't accept any one of the three £10 notes she had in her purse (all in good condition) and when she tried to pay with change (£1 coins) it kept rejecting them also.

Bloody ridiculous it was - she's not used one since.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2013, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

Hopefully the people they replace will find more interesting and productive work.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
What if they actually enjoy their job. Really ticks me off when people say things like that because even if I was offered one of these interesting productive jobs (whatever they are) I actually like my cleaning jobs and see nothing boring or unproductive in doing them.
I didn't say they didn't like their job or that it wasn't productive I said I hoped they find more interesting and productive work (in the future). Read what is there not what you think is there.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top