Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 12:27 PM

Re: Good News of Dog in Afghanistan

Sally, I commend you for your kindness and caring attitude.

I'm sure you have brought happiness to the hearts of many of our soldiers in knowing that Brin is now safe and being cared for.

Thank you for posting the video which brought a lump to my throat and I, too, would be very interested in following his story.

Bless you....
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 05:30 PM

Sally, what a wonderful video, even I have a tear in my eye and a lump in my throat now.

Rainbow, you summed it up better than I:-
"These dogs bring comfort and loving commitment to a world of anger, danger and conflict around these soldiers. Where they are surrounded by 'madness', the dogs remind them of comforting sanity"
SJB
New Member!
Eastbourne UK
SJB is female 

18-10-2010, 11:07 PM

Thankyou all for your wonderful comments re: Brin and his story.
In a few weeks time Captain Mark will be able to visit Brin for the 1st time since arriving home from Afghanistan. The last time he saw him was two months ago when Brin was put on a secret transport to travel 700 miles across land through the most dangerous of areas. Unbelievable really and amazing he survived as some, sadly, do not. There are many brave and kind souls in Afghanistan. Unsung heroes who try to help in the most devastating of circumstances.
I know that the moment they meet again will be very moving and something I am looking forward to very much as there were many times when the whole journey to save Brin seemed totally impossible.
When this happens I think we all will need to share a huge box of tissues!
Thankyou again.
Best wishes to all
Sally
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2010, 04:36 PM

I googled Brin and found out alot more about him and the charity you work for Sally. Also a lovely picture of you and Brin together. Fantastic work all round, you are all saints. One thing stuck in my mind about Brin and that was he sleeps standing up (poor thing).
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2010, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
One thing stuck in my mind about Brin and that was he sleeps standing up (poor thing).
Those of us who are on Dogsey also will know that I have a theory that dogs are only truly relaxed when they are lying down with their feet in the air. You see a lot of photos of dogs doing that on Dogsey, let us hope Brin will, over time, come to relax enough to do the same.
SJB
New Member!
Eastbourne UK
SJB is female 

21-10-2010, 07:47 PM

Hi again,
Brin is doing very well and has turned many corners over the past month , especially in the last week.
He has recovered from his earlier exhaustion and is sleeping in his bed. He is holding his concentration longer and is less distracted and distant.
I have spent many hours just sitting near him and allowing him to approach me rather than the other way around.
Brin is always excited to see me but at first he found any cuddling or holding an alien approach. Woman are mainly unknown to dogs in Afghanistan as they have little to do with animals.
By sitting quietly in a corner he will come and sit by my side and rest his head in my lap. It is an emotional moment, rather like bonding with a child.
He has also sussed that after he has his afternoon meal that time is short before I have to leave and he now positions himself between the door and me after he has eaten.
It is always hard to leave him but in some ways quarantine is giving us both time to learn about each other and have time where nothing else stands in our way.
Brin is rather like a child that has missed out on an area of learning and development. He is also, in many ways, like an older head on young shoulders. Step by step we are showing him ways to play, learn levels of trust thus helping him to fill in the gaps.
We also know he has a life time of love and care ahead of him.
Best wishes

Sally
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 11:05 PM

Thanks for the update Sally.

It sounds like Brin is coming along fine. It must be slightly confusing for him getting used to this different routine, hopefully by the time his quarantine is up he will feel very settled and ready to start his new life with you.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 09:55 PM

Hi Sally - so pleased to learn that Brin is doing well. Patience and TLC bring so many rewards. It must be hard for you both when you have to leave, but once his quarantine is over, you will both have all the time in the world together. Thanks for the update and I'm looking forward to the next one....
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2010, 01:34 PM

Thanks for the update Sally, it sounds like Brin absolutely adores you too. So glad he is sleeping in his bed and not standing up. Your love and patience is paying off.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top