Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 07:54 PM

Re: New style computers...

Still looking at the laptops - no change, numbers down one side - would never use that and, there have been several complaints about it. I see also, 'most' keyboards are black - I prefer a lighter colour, my present keyboard is grey. Again, I wish they would give us 'choice' !
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
I was surprised that you said you dont like the numbers at the side of the keyboard Pats.
I have had a keyboard like that for years as I used to be in telemarketing and it was so much easier to put your telephone numbers on the PC with the side numbers instead of going up and down the 1 - 0 at the top of the keyboard.
I agree with this, I use the number pad all the time for entering numbers so much easier and convenient.

As an aside - any idea why on earth telephone number pads are upside down compared to computer/calculator number pads? Makes no sense to me.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
My brain is saturated with facts about life, the universe & everything
At which point I pictured a very large number "42 over your head"....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I agree with this, I use the number pad all the time for entering numbers so much easier and convenient.

As an aside - any idea why on earth telephone number pads are upside down compared to computer/calculator number pads? Makes no sense to me.
I just think we should be given 'choice'... why do they 'all' have to follow suit. Hubby and me, we sit side by side, each using a laptop, I tried using his one - black keys - numbers to one side - and had to move my position to type. Just not comfortable and I would never use the numbers. So 'choice' is the key factor for me.....
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 10:01 AM

I've got a HP notebook which doen't have the numerical pad on the keyboard.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

10-03-2013, 10:08 AM

Interesting thought Ron - what size is a notebook, if the same size as my laptop 15.6 - standard size - that could be the answer....
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
At which point I pictured a very large number "42 over your head"....
I have no recollection of this posting.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 10:48 AM

Pats, my screen is only 9x5 inches but they have bigger screens.

HP Laptops
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

10-03-2013, 03:15 PM

Checked your link, they have the size but then added the numbers !
Thanks for the link...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top