Join for free
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
SageCat
Suffolk, UK
SageCat is female  SageCat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2009, 07:59 PM

Re: Postal service

It's hitting my area of Suffolk. I never received my car tax reminder from the DVLA, and I never received a letter from the hospital giving me the results of my MRI back scan. I'm having to phone the hospital to try and find out if they've sent my referral letter through as that is one appointment I just can't afford to miss!!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2009, 09:24 PM

The general public will lose sympathy with the postal workers eventually. My post arrives at anytime been 9 a.m. and 4 pm-never arrives at the same time two days running. From what I've seen its never the same postie that delivers.

Couple of years ago it was always the same postie-you didn't need to set your alarm clock-he delivered the post every day between 6.30 am and 6.45 am-unfortunately he retired because of ill health. The system has certainly gone downhill since. As for posting Christmas Cards now to arrive on time-sorry but won't be doing it-maybe it will all be settled soon or is that wishful thinking?
cathy
essex
cathy is female  cathy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2009, 11:11 PM

when we have a tempory post man on our post is early. but when we have our lol regular one. the post comes when ever he feels like it. he spends most of his time walking around with some black woman. u see her wandering around looking for him. shes married to some old man (visa scam i suspect)
i remember when the post came regular. now its a joke. once it turned up at 6-30!!!!
and they want our sympathy forget it. i sent off for a sample of cat food. all that turned up was an empty carton. some-one had nicked it. sad.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2009, 11:41 PM

I've had the same postman for years; when he's on, it's fine; when he's off the mail shows up very late or sometimes not at all! And George is almost at retirement age...
susieq
New Member!
South Wales
susieq is female 

03-10-2009, 02:32 PM

[QUOTE=Mags;12513]The headlines on our local newspaper today say we should post our Christmas cards now to ensure delivery for Christmas! Our postal workers have been on strike on and off since July and the public's patience is wearing thin.

We had the same headline on our local newspaper, I have recently posted birthday cards to various parts of the country, some have never arrived, others have arrived late, the whole system is a joke.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2009, 02:35 PM

We have a great postie, he's been delivering here for years and he's so good with the dogs, we always give him a bottle at stressmastime to show our appreciation, it's nice to be nice innit.
Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2009, 04:16 PM

Our regular postie is a star. Always friendly and helpful and good with dogs. I've noticed recently his times can vary quite a bit, anything from 9.30AM to 1PM. He's always hurrying round so I'm sure its not his fault. Like a not a few things I suspect the problems are higher up the ladder.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2009, 07:42 AM

I ordered a saw last week, I received an email on Sunday saying that if I gave them feedback in 48hrs I would be sent a free blade. Well that would be great if I had received the saw yet!

I e-mailed the company and they have looked into it and apparently they tried to deliver it last Thurs and Friday and left a card, not here they didn't! There is always someone at home, and no card was ever found!

Well done interlink, I don't think!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2009, 01:08 PM

Our Postie is realy good, being a small villiage, if something comes and needs to be signed for, if we are not in,he leaves it at the village Post Office....
But mail coming from down south is taking forever to get to us...Took 6 weeks for a letter from London to get to us, and that was first class!!!
I tend to use email now, instead of Royal Mail!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2009, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Not that it's any consolation, but the post here isn't what it used to be either.
Bet it's still better than in the UK The Royal Mail used to offer a superb service but it's been getting worse over the recent years and as mentioned above there are now so many alternatives that people are being forced to use. In European mainland the post is still quite good, letter posted anywhere in Poland, Czechland, or Hungary will usually arrive the next day and I have had letters from England in two working days!!

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top