Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 02:47 PM

Re: Photo of the day

Very nice Shirley Marie, but if I copied that without your permission, and re-posted it as a jigsaw, it would be illegal
ShirleyMarie
Michigan, USA
ShirleyMarie is female  ShirleyMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 03:03 PM

Jimmy, you are right but my jigsaws are just mine, for my own enjoyment. My puzzle program does not allow sending the puzzle on the internet.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 03:38 PM

Sorry - I assumed as they were not taken for 'commercial' use, I assumed they were 'sharing' the pictures with others.
Surely, they should state otherwise ......
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 04:25 PM

Hi Guys,

If you post any content that is not your own, you should always credit it with a link back to the original - unless it is released under a creative commons licence (such as with Wikipedia) but even then it is nice to link back to the source.

Generally if the content provider does not under any circumstances want the content cross-posted, they will usually add a notice to their site or prevent right-clicking/saving of images or text. On Breedia for example, if anyone copies a large amount of text only the first paragraph is actually copied to the clipboard along with a link back to the original content.

With regards to photo competitions - in that case the photo should always be your own.

I hope this helps explain our position - some sites may have different rules, but we tend to err on the side of caution. I'm closing this thread now as the original photo has been removed.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top