Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2011, 12:41 PM

Re: Are weekdays any different to weekends for you?

I have to chuckle at this post because it has be a common topic of interest in my life since retirement. I head in the opposite direction from the tourists on weekends. Yesterday it was a 30 mile long moving parking lot on the highway heading for the beach. It is Labor Day weekend, the last holiday before school starts next week and everyone was trying to get out of town. I left early and was heading back from that jam before it affected me.

All days seem the same except for people. I love to shop on weekdays, really early in the morning, to avoid the crowds. It's like a zoo in the middle of a Saturday or Sunday in stores. No thanks, I treasure my quiet and solitude. When I shop, the tellers are standing at the ends of their checkout counters bored, waiting for me to walk up.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2011, 04:33 PM

After retirement I changed my big weekly shop from Saturday to a weekday to avoid the crowds, as you do, Bob. But NOT early, I am absolutely not a morning person. But I do still have my bigger, or fancier meal on Sundays. Why? I don't know, habit I suppose. Of course with my COPD I don't grocery shop any more, have it all delivered.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2011, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
After retirement I changed my big weekly shop from Saturday to a weekday to avoid the crowds, as you do, Bob. But NOT early, I am absolutely not a morning person. But I do still have my bigger, or fancier meal on Sundays. Why? I don't know, habit I suppose. Of course with my COPD I don't grocery shop any more, have it all delivered.
A local grocery chain, Safeway, offers free delivery but requires a minimum purchase of $55 worth of groceries to qualify. That's way more than I buy at one time. On the point of early morning shopping that same Safeway, one mile from my apartment, opens at 5 a.m.. I'm usually up by then so I sometimes actually go my shopping before heading to McDonald's to meet my senior friends for breakfast.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2011, 05:54 PM

Our Safeway's minimum is $50.00. As they also carry beer and wine I find it no problem making it, as it just saves a trip to the liquor store. I also have a taste for expensive things like lobster, imported cheeses, etc.
bobmielke
Portland, OR

04-09-2011, 06:19 PM

I'm an ice-tea lover and eat fresh fruit & vegetables.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top