Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 10:33 PM

Re: Are weekdays any different to weekends for you?

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't like the weekends , there are too many humans around and if I have to pop to the dreaded shops I can't park anywhere.

Also there are more people around when I go for a walk and I prefer to meet as few people as possible (I know, a bit odd, I can't be doing with people these days at least when I have had enough of them on the forum I can switch them off ) . So yes the weekends are different and I am always pleased to see a Monday.
That could be me talking Meg, I am exactly the same as you...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Moli ->
That could be me talking Meg, I am exactly the same as you...
Oh Moli, I am pleased to hear i'm not the only person who wants to be a recluse thank goodness for the internet so I can buy most of what I need (except food) without having to face the dreaded shops

Weekends are a nightmare, too much humanity and bank holidays are even worse ..
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2011, 11:56 AM

I love to see my friend over the weekend we had our first trip together in 2007 we went to sunny Brighton for the weekend, we had a ball together, I have known her now 30 years through thick and thin we remain close friends.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2011, 01:53 PM

After the children left school I was lost regarding days, now I am retired I havent a clue where we are, but I definatlely dont like Weekends and didnt when I was working either.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2011, 02:46 PM

I used to dread retiring, thinking I would'nt have enough activities to keep me happy. What a joy it is!.Especially as some have said, worrying about Monday morning in some pretty terrible job, with governors and bosses on your case, coming out with even more bullshit, about how you could perform better. Every day Azz is a weekend, so see you in the promised land!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2011, 04:17 PM

I echo what John just said, plus wondering if the weather would delay/shut down the bus service; but I never dreaded retirement, looked forward to it like a thirsty man in the desert longed for an oasis!.
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2011, 10:32 PM

find it difficult to keep teck of days, which is why I decided to go back to the charity shops LOL
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2011, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I prefer to meet as few people as possible (I know, a bit odd, I can't be doing with people these days at least when I have had enough of them on the forum I can switch them off )
You and me both as you say the really nice thing about forums is that when dinner is ready or the dogs need a walk you can just log out and come back latter, you can't do that with visitors or people in the pub can you?

Anyway, to answer Azz's question, yes I do see a diiferenace 'cos I can't work over the internet at weekends, but nowadays I only do 10 or 15 hours a week so it doesn't really feel like work and OH says it's not, she gives me proper work to do everyday weekends included
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2011, 07:43 AM

Week-ends!! what are those, oh! you mean the crowdy days when people come out of the woodwork and clog up the countryside.

Every day to us is the same in one way, we choose to do whatever we want to do whenever we want to do it so you could say that everyday is a Monday or Tuesday, even a Friday., definately not a wek-end as we avoid crowds like the plague.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2011, 11:55 AM

No.....not unless he has got the W/E off. We live and work on a Farm and that's a 7 Day a Week job.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top