Green 0 0%
Independant 0 0%
Other 6 27.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 10:03 PM

Re: What party will you vote for next year ?

Originally Posted by Calismum ->
I don't vote

Yes, I know I should but to be honest I don't believe a word that any of them say and until there is a party known as the honest party I'll refrain.
Have to agree with you there Calismum. Haven't voted for years-all as bad as each other-seems the Liberal Democrats are becoming more popular now.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 10:17 PM

I haven't voted and I'm not going to say who I would vote for, but I can tell you all that whoever wins the next election be it Labour, Conservative, Liberal, UKIP, or who ever, there will be huge cuts in public services, there will be higher unemployment (For a year at least) and there will be tax rises. Oh yes interest rates will rise too!!!

All these things are unavoidable, (although each party will have different ways of presenting them) because in the 'good' times people borrowed too much and greedy bankers lent too much and governments in power thought that it would go on forever!!!

People have become greedy and self centered and always want someone else to pay for their mistakes and always blame the government for everything that goes wrong and (worst of all) they always get influenced by the media and make no mistake it's the media who'll decide the next election.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2009, 11:16 AM

There's a lot in what you say Losos.

Off topic slightly but it must be time that the whole system was reviewed. It doesn't matter who I mark my ballot paper for - I will not influence the result of a general election. The amjority of constituencies are the same. The result is determined by some 150 seats which might and sometimes do change hands. Actually, it is determined by a few voters in each of those constituencies and therefore polocies are drafted to appeal to those swing voters.
Wrong wrong wrong
But I dont know what would be better
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2009, 12:02 PM

It's supposed to be a poll and we're all off on a tangent with the party political posts, I'm just as bad so I'll start another political thread or maybe ask Azz to start a soapbox section, . . heh heh, . . I could spend days in that section.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2009, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Calismum ->
I don't vote

Yes, I know I should but to be honest I don't believe a word that any of them say and until there is a party known as the honest party I'll refrain.
It's funny but I didn't vote for years and I have done Jury Service twice and my husband always said they probably pick you because you don't vote and I thought 'no way' is that right, but the funny thing is when I was doing Jury Service there was this other girl there said she had also done it twice and she hadn't voted for years and she wondered if she was picked because of the same reason. You never know I hated doing Jury Service. You can only do it three times in your life so I shouldn't get picked again now I'm voting
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2009, 07:43 AM

I think we should be made to vote -if there is not a party which you support then you tick a box saying none of the above. I 'Oz' I believe it registers a higher proportion of actual votes counted ...?
Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2009, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
It's funny but I didn't vote for years and I have done Jury Service twice and my husband always said they probably pick you because you don't vote and I thought 'no way' is that right, but the funny thing is when I was doing Jury Service there was this other girl there said she had also done it twice and she hadn't voted for years and she wondered if she was picked because of the same reason. You never know I hated doing Jury Service. You can only do it three times in your life so I shouldn't get picked again now I'm voting
Now that's weird - I've been called twice. Mmmmm think I'll risk it tho', but it would be quite interesting to see if I'm called again.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 09:47 AM

Nobody who has anything to do with allocating jury service would have the least idea whether you vote or not - honest! It's just coincidence
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 12:00 PM

I have a huge problem with this. Realistically there are only 2 choices and Labour has made a monumental hash of things. However, I was left to bring up 3 children on my own in the Thatcher years and suffered the full force of Portillo and gang`s `single mother` victimisation. I found out first-hand how vicious this Tory party can be - the mantra was
Don`t get old; Don`t get ill; Don`t get poor - or you are treated as an underclass.
The proposals for cutting Disability Benefit a couple of days ago at the Conservative Party Conference sent a chill down my spine. I have a disabled son. He`s never going to be able to hold down a job and the pressure to find work will put huge pressure on his fragile mental state.
Labour has betrayed us and the Tories are back on their old game. Maybe I`ll just hope for a hung Parliament.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
I have a huge problem with this. Realistically there are only 2 choices and Labour has made a monumental hash of things. However, I was left to bring up 3 children on my own in the Thatcher years and suffered the full force of Portillo and gang`s `single mother` victimisation. I found out first-hand how vicious this Tory party can be - the mantra was
Don`t get old; Don`t get ill; Don`t get poor - or you are treated as an underclass.
The proposals for cutting Disability Benefit a couple of days ago at the Conservative Party Conference sent a chill down my spine. I have a disabled son. He`s never going to be able to hold down a job and the pressure to find work will put huge pressure on his fragile mental state.
Labour has betrayed us and the Tories are back on their old game. Maybe I`ll just hope for a hung Parliament.
I can understand your apprehension about Labour Claire but I too have horrid memories from the 80's and this new crowd of tories worry me too, as always, they'll look after the better-healed members of our society more so than the rest of us.

At one point in the 80's there were 6 million unemployed, all due to them running down this country, remember Tebbit ? he told the unemployed to "get on your bikes" and look for work, what work ? they closed thousands of factories here.
They decimated the clothing industry here by importing cheap clothes from abroad from factories in the far east who's workers were working for £1 a day, and closed mines and imported coal from Poland, where's the sense in that ?
We had a Wranglers factory in our town, (wranglers jeans) they're all gone now, we had a massive factory that supplied all the garments for M&S throughout Scotland employing hundreds of ladies, that was closed too.

I remember dear old Maggie saying that we live in a competitive word and that British industry must move with the times, this is why we've not got any industries left here any more.

Oh yes folks, whatever you do don't take in the tory propaganda it's all a fake IMO.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top