Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Kath 131
Preston, Lancashire
Kath 131 is female  Kath 131 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2012, 03:21 PM

Re: TLC required

Originally Posted by maryl ->
That's great advice there from stablelady.
Kath, do you know how to do pursed lipped breathing? From what I can remember reading, sit up straight in a chair, don't tense your body, breathe in through the nose, hold to whatever's comfortable, then breathe out through pursed lips as if you are silently whistling for a couple of seconds longer than you breathed in. This should expel more air than you take in leaving room for more air on the next inhale, ie more oxygen to your bloodstream. This sometimes relaxes people as they are counting on their in and out breaths.
Thank you Maryl I do breathing exercises especially in the early hours when my brain won't switch off and I feel panicky. It does help but need more practice or a knock out pill lol. x
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2012, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Kath 131 ->
Thank you everybody, I feel better just from talking to you. Stablelady your a gem, I do use steam with vick or oibas I agree they do help and I appreciate your good advice. Cookiecate, I used to be a smoker but that was more than 10 years ago never touched one since. I do remember suffering with chest colds when I was younger me mam used to smother me in vick goose grease wasn't available then, and gave me honey, lemon and Ipecc medicine. May go back to the old remedies this weekend. Thank you all very much for your kind thoughts and advice. I will ( cough splutter cough survive as they say)!! Will keep up the breathing exercises in front of my Buddha he may bring me good health you never know.
regards Kath x
Look after yourself Kath, mention to your doctor when you go that you used to smoke and that you used to get chest infections.

Don't suffer love, my mum used to suffer and then my mother in law suffered but didn't say much or go to the doctor, finally I got really worried about her chest and asked if I could go to the docs with her. He told her that she had C.O.P.D nothing scary but she needs to take extra care of herself and when she gets a chesty cough the doc with come and see her.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2012, 04:28 PM

Wish you better Kath x
Kath 131
Preston, Lancashire
Kath 131 is female  Kath 131 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 05:01 PM

Thanks Janela, feeling bit better today. I believe fresh air helps most problems so even if I don't want to I go out and it gives me a lift.

Kath x
stablelady
Angus, Scotland
stablelady is female  stablelady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 06:33 PM

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better, keep positive!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2012, 11:15 PM

Sorry Kath, just caught up with this.....pleased to hear you're feeling a bit better.....take care.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top