Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2009, 09:13 AM

Re: Graffiti - street art or vandalism?

Tate Moden had examples of street art on the side of their buliding.

Viewed from the North Bank(thames)

[IMG]http:img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/galty/001-1.jpg[/IMG]
Jackie
UK
Jackie is female  Jackie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2009, 09:29 AM

Personally my opinion is its vandalism ,

Dont like to see it , no matter how good it is.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2009, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
ah but wouldn`t you like this on your house if you lived in a run-down area of the city?
[IMG]http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj23/claireanddaisy/071208-banksy.jp

g[/IMG]
No, I would be annoyed and angry; paint it over as soon as possible. (Assuming it was done without my knowledge or permission.)
Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2009, 07:51 PM

I agree DM that a lot of it is wanton vandalism. However, I also think some of it is extremely clever and in some really run down areas it is a great improvement on the dreary abandoned buildings etc. ALthough I do take your point that it is someone elses property.

I have seen some superb street art, love some of the 3d pavement art and have also seen a row of lock ups each with a different 'view' which was amazing.

What I hate to see is spray paint on bus shelters, windows, residential property, shop fronts etc.

It is good to see some councils are 'commisioning street artists to decorate gable ends, industrial estates etc.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top