Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 11:23 PM

Re: Please do me a favour

Sorry to hear you weren't successful Steve. Stay positive and hopefully won't be long before something else comes along for you.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2012, 11:44 PM

Yes, stay positive Steve, and take a few minutes to get a sheet of A4 out and write down the pluses and minuses of the interview also as people have said use the internet to find out about the firm, for example go to their site and look up the service page, perhaps there's a manual on one of their products, print it off and take it to the interview, then when they ask if you can replace xyz, get the drawing out and casully say "Oh you mean this xyz here"

Things like that tell the interviewer you have taken the time to (a) find out about the firm and (b) you have looked at a drawing and decided you can repair these things. Interviewers love this 'cos it takes the decision about whether the candidate really can do the job away from them, they get it in the neck if they appoint someone who turns out to be a dud

I'm absolutely sure you did as much research as you could in the time for the previous one, and you will for the next one. Best of luck.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2012, 11:38 AM

Hi what you suggested i did do i done my homework even told them the MD's name the age of the company etc and it product range .....I was given the opportunity to 'respond' to the decision which i did and learnt that the reason i was not successful was the fact there where applicants who had prior product knowledge of their product range....I actually got NO negative marks against me for my interview skills or CV so it was just experience which let me down ....so back to the drawing board..

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top