Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2014, 12:37 PM

Re: Pipe Smoking

In those far off days when I did smoke, I too smoked roll ups, but never got the hang of doing it by hand so got me one of those little machines, they were a doddle.

As for the dangers of pipe smoking, a very dear friend of mine was a pipe smoker. His dentist noticed a tiny lesion on the side of his tongue and advised him to see his doctor. He thinks to himself 'tiny lesion, cannot be that bad' and off he toddles. Doctor sends him to Oncologist. "That has to go" says the big guy and my friend goes to theatre still thinking about the 'tiny' lesion that was barely visible to the naked eye. Comes round with half his face missing! Most of his tongue and half his lower jaw, gone. Within weeks he was in a wheelchair so weak could barely move, and not long after he was gone. So think on, pipes are not anywhere near as harmless as you may think. All that liquified nicotine deposited on the same spot hour after hour, day after day....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2014, 12:39 PM

Thanks for sharing ......
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2014, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Thanks for sharing ......
more a timely warning I thought.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2014, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
So think on, pipes are not anywhere near as harmless as you may think. All that liquified nicotine deposited on the same spot hour after hour, day after day....
Indeed daisymay....pipes or cigars are not a 'safe' alternative to cigarettes,

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top