Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 09:32 PM

Re: Halloween

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I was walking back home this afternoon and had a little chat to a lady with a toddler. I didn't know here but we got to discussing what a pleasant evening it was for the children yesterday. I told her we had 170 of the trick or treaters.

"Yes, we visited you."
Small world.
How lovey Besso, you are popular. x
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
How lovey Besso, you are popular. x
I think it is the same for many of our neighbours here. I also had a chat to a lovely Polish lady a few doors away. She told be that she five boxes of candies all used up.

Yes, it is a social occasion.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Well .... we haven't had any Hallowe'en callers here for years and years so I don't keep sweets or goodies in the house.

What happens tonight? About 7.00pm the doorbell rings and there is mum with her little youngster, I couldn't tell if it was a boy or girl, all dressed up in a monster costume

Being caught unawares with nothing edible to give, I quickly got £1 from my purse to give to the child

Lesson learnt, be prepared and keep some goodies in just in case
That's my philosophy too Mags, plus if no one turns up, you get to eat the sweets.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's my philosophy too Mags, plus if no one turns up, you get to eat the sweets.
That would be a bonus LD
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I think it is the same for many of our neighbours here. I also had a chat to a lovely Polish lady a few doors away. She told be that she five boxes of candies all used up.

Yes, it is a social occasion.
Yep all good fun Besso. X

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top