Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 08:53 PM

Re: Fuming, failed credit check.

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Bloody hard work these oldies
That'll be me too. In the first post, it did seem as if there had been a mortgage where two payments had been missed. Subsequent posts qualify this but maybe the first post could have included that there hadn't been, only that there appeared to be because C & G tried to take payments after the mortgage had been settled.

The fact that the details weren't clear to start with might be the reason for replies that express sympathy, no sympathy, misunderstanding and diversions from the point.

I think I'd have kept it to myself and sorted it out.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 09:26 PM

I wanted to highlight that stupidity amongst employees can cause the average person problems.

Anyway it's more fun here than Watchdog.

As for the oldies comment, those that know me know my humour and understand there's no malice.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 09:38 PM

I make and receive over 60 calls per day.
I am often on site or driving from job to job or estimating.
I send over 35 emails per day.
I am the key holder to 3 sites at any one time and need to be contactable 24/7.
I need Internet access at all times as the security systems at home and work are linked to my phone.

I cannot run my business from a landline.
Modern technology and client requirements make it impossible.

Calm down dear. Of course you need a mobile for your workmen/customers/tradesmen if you're out on the road alot. Nonsense saying using a phone box. How can customers ring you in a phone box.
Answer phones on landline would only partly suffice. No good finding a message when you get home to say there were bricks being delivered that morning or someone's fell of the scaffolding 6 hours ago is it!!

Correct me if I'm wrong Reelspeed, but wasn't the business you say you ran for 21 years working from home, in kennels? In all fairness, that is not quite the same as being miles away from home alot of the day is it.

No go and sit down somewhere quiet Tpin before you burst a blood vessel, and I'll bring you a nice cold beer. There there.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 09:44 PM

I wanted to highlight that stupidity amongst employees can cause the average person problems.

Anyway it's more fun here than Watchdog.

As for the oldies comment, those that know me know my humour and understand there's no malice.
Terry I understood from your first post and this mistake can be a worry. When you speak to the building society, insist on them sending you a letter stating that it was their error and confirmation that they have arranged for you credit rating to be returned to where it was before. Make photo copies of this letter and keep the original... just in case it causes you any further problems. It is important that you do this!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Terry I understood from your first post and this mistake can be a worry. When you speak to the building society, insist on them sending you a letter stating that it was their error and confirmation that they have arranged for you credit rating to be returned to where it was before. Make photo copies of this letter and keep the original... just in case it causes you any further problems. It is important that you do this!

Wise words twink.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Calm down dear. Of course you need a mobile for your workmen/customers/tradesmen if you're out on the road alot. Nonsense saying using a phone box. How can customers ring you in a phone box.
Answer phones on landline would only partly suffice. No good finding a message when you get home to say there were bricks being delivered that morning or someone's fell of the scaffolding 6 hours ago is it!!

Correct me if I'm wrong Reelspeed, but wasn't the business you say you ran for 21 years working from home, in kennels? In all fairness, that is not quite the same as being miles away from home alot of the day is it.

No go and sit down somewhere quiet Tpin before you burst a blood vessel, and I'll bring you a nice cold beer. There there.
Are you Mrs winner? I could do with that beer
xxxxx
Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I'm just going to tell them I'll send you to see them.
Should be rectified within 10 minutes

Sound advice
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2016, 04:40 AM

I recently send off for a copy of my credit record from one of the major credit rating companies purely because I can (it's the law)

I received a 5 page PDF file with my name, address and driving licence number (our form of photo ID) apart from that and the page numbers it was completely blank. I felt cheated.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2016, 06:49 AM

Do you understand what I'm saying?
I'm glad at least one(Meg)is with it.

Bloody hard work these oldies
Not all thank heaven. Those that live on Planet Earth are fine, its the Aliens in the skinsuits im wary of.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top