Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 08:05 PM

Re: Initials invite intrigue

Originally Posted by hazel ->
Hello Willy, yes think I might prefer something else too if that's what they called me.
I almost wet myself
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Want to try for 3 attempts to get an answer as BBC interviewers are supposed to limit. EXcept for Jeremy Paxman who put the same question to Michael Howard 15 times.
I remember watching that on television when it first came out.

I think the words "yes" and "no" are removed from members of parliament's vocabulary upon getting the job.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2013, 03:48 PM

Hazel, I don't understand.....I never mentioned a train , did i?
sometimes when I'm reading poetry I sound like a train cos I've got into the rhythm, but others I can't get a rhythm going at all and I'm not keen on that. Sorry.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2013, 03:52 PM

If you're asking me I suspect you are right, green with envy, which is the 6th deadly sin. It comes between lust, gluttony, greed, laziness, wrath-------
and lest we forget the last list ,lust. Sorry I mean pride, thats a biggy.
noticed the little slip then Bobbyboy.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2013, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
noticed the little slip then Bobbyboy.
It was caused by VANITY Hazel. I am a great fan of alliteration & to get a combination of words included in a sentence ,still making sense seduced me.

I refer to list, last. lost, lest & lust, giving not only alliteration , but repitition, Five 4 letter words with 3 letters the same, & differing by the exclusive use of all 5 vowels. One in each word.
It doesnt get any better than that for a word lover. Bonus.

In this heady indulgence in wordplay I forgot what I was doing.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

26-01-2013, 04:59 PM

It was caused by VANITY Hazel. I am a great fan of alliteration & to get a combination of words included in a sentence ,still making sense seduced me.

I refer to list, last. lost, lest & lust, giving not only alliteration , but repitition, Five 4 letter words with 3 letters the same, & differing by the exclusive use of all 5 vowels. One in each word.
It doesnt get any better than that for a word lover. Bonus.

In this heady indulgence in wordplay I forgot what I was doing.
so the list and lust SEDUCED you did they cos your a word LOVER eh?? nice one. Bobbyboy I don't believe for one minute you ever forget what you're doing and although I don't know what your talking about I understand what you mean and as I said before your very clever.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2013, 05:04 PM

I dont know what either of you are talking about....but 'funny' ?
Yes it is !....

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top