Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 07:42 PM

Re: There is a tradition in Wales

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think Murray's comments did a lot of damage to the England/Scotland relationship. He has since said that they were made in jest but I don't believe that.

We have always suspected that a lot of Scots hate the English but Murray's comments confirmed it. As for whether the English should support Scotland in the World cup or not, I don't think we need to worry about it too much.
The problem Scots have is the way the English centric media bangs on and on and on about England ad nauseum at every opportunity.

Even during the Brazil v Belgium match the half time commentary included talking about England, as if the Brazil v Belgium match wasn't worth 15 minutes of analysis.

Also, every Englishmedia commentator is jumping on the bandwaggon and talking utter shite.......most of them hate The England football team and are embarrassed by England supporters any other time.......suddenly they give a toss!

That said.......Come On England!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 07:48 PM

We have always suspected that a lot of Scots hate the English but Murray's comments confirmed it.
Listening to the venom that pours out of the lips of the SNP members in the Commons, I can certainly believe it of them.

However, I'd like to think that the SNP are not representative of the majority of Scottish people.

In which case, I wonder how so many were elected to Parliament.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
The problem Scots have is the way the English centric media bangs on and on and on about England ad nauseum at every opportunity.

Even during the Brazil v Belgium match the half time commentary included talking about England, as if the Brazil v Belgium match wasn't worth 15 minutes of analysis.

Also, every Englishmedia commentator is jumping on the bandwaggon and talking utter shite.......most of them hate The England football team and are embarrassed by England supporters any other time.......suddenly they give a toss!

That said.......Come On England!!
I do agree with all that Moscow. I find it embarrassing that our news papers for instance are full of it, let's at least get to the final first and despite my post, I would still end up backing Scotland if they were in it.

Of course with regards to the BBC, Southern England is getting a taste of it's own medicine now that everything has moved to Manchester. It's as though nothing happens outside Salford Quays.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Listening to the venom that pours out of the lips of the SNP members in the Commons, I can certainly believe it of them.

However, I'd like to think that the SNP are not representative of the majority of Scottish people.

In which case, I wonder how so many were elected to Parliament.
The fish woman is certainly dangerous. Every Country has history but we should all be sticking together not pulling apart.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 08:40 PM

The fish woman is certainly dangerous. Every Country has history but we should all be sticking together not pulling apart.
The fish woman and the SNP members are concerned only about one thing: Scottish independence.

Yet when given the opportunity of a referendum, the majority of Scots voted to remain in the UK.

I find it difficult to relate the one to the other.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 08:48 PM

The fish woman and the SNP members are concerned only about one thing: Scottish independence.

Yet when given the opportunity of a referendum, the majority of Scots voted to remain in the UK.

I find it difficult to relate the one to the other.

The Scots enjoy a wee bit of antagonism towards the English, especially regarding sport, but scratch the surface and the majority have no real problem with ordinary English folk.

However they hate our media and they hate our politicians and they hate the Tories/aristocracy/public school types........and rightly so !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-07-2018, 09:00 PM

The Scots enjoy a wee bit of antagonism towards the English, especially regarding sport, but scratch the surface and the majority have no real problem with ordinary English folk.

However they hate our media and they hate our politicians and they hate the Tories/aristocracy/public school types........and rightly so !
Don't we all.

But if the majority of Scots prefer to remain part of the UK, how did the fish woman get elected?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 09:04 PM

Join the club Moscow......
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 09:37 PM

Good question.

Perhaps we should look back at her posts and see exactly what she has achieved.
Not up to you or anyone else to do that.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top