Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2013, 09:25 AM

Re: How do you feel when the Internet drops out?

The problem is - BT has monopoly on the landlines. They don't really care how often your broadband goes down, you can't switch! Mine's been on & off for two days again, I refuse to go through all those stupid checks again, the engineer told me I don't need to, I have a "noisy line" until they replace the line to my house it will keep happening, have written yet another e-mail & letter, next stop, ofcom.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 07:07 AM

I can cope, for a few days, and usually have letters to write. (I still know a few people with no Internet access.)
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 07:42 AM

This is an older thread, but it will be interesting to read what folks think now!

We lose power and/or internet connection often here during the winter. It's all weather connected. It doesn't bother me - it's life.
Plenty of other things to do.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I'm a bit of an anarchist, the sort of person who pushes a switch just to see what happens, as such, losing a connection personally is an irritation, but I would not mind if everyone lost a connection at the same time, as it would be interesting to see what happened.
Still waiting.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Still waiting.

Gotta admit, it sure would be interesting!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 09:38 AM

Mine went off for three weeks, last year! I enjoyed the break for a while, then as the phone was also off and my mobile has a bad signal I got more and more angry. It got so bad I actually went to see my MP.....

and he's a Tory!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Mine went off for three weeks, last year! I enjoyed the break for a while, then as the phone was also off and my mobile has a bad signal I got more and more angry. It got so bad I actually went to see my MP.....

and he's a Tory!
Good lord wash your mouth out saying a bad word like that
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 12:36 PM

How did we exist most of our lives without it?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->

and he's a Tory!
And....what did he say ?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
This is an older thread, but it will be interesting to read what folks think now!

We lose power and/or internet connection often here during the winter. It's all weather connected. It doesn't bother me - it's life.
Plenty of other things to do.
Blimey it IS old !
How lovely to read Stella's posts ... I miss her so much

She was a great friend, sensible, kind and with a good sense of humour ...
We had lots of silly fun

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top