Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2011, 10:58 PM

Re: Thundery Tuesday

You've never had jury duty, Mags ?!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2011, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Now, now, Merz, I think you should get an appointment the same week as Meg
Unfortunately, my social calendar is full until September
Originally Posted by Meg ->
Poor Hatti ,cystitis is horrible.
Merz and Mags commiserations .

I can't believe it I was only thinking to myself I wonder what happens if a filling drops out because my Jury Service starts next week . If I can't get my tooth fixed in the next couple of days I may be stuck with it for weeks and will have to resort to plugging the hole with dental gum

I hope you both get yours sorted before pain strikes
Cystitis is horrible Meg-the Hatti girl does seem to be prone to it, but never seems to get a mild dose of it!

Hope you manage to get appointment in next couple of days-if not, good luck with plugging the hole-hope the gum sticks long enough for you to complete Jury Service!
My tooth isn't bothering me and hopefully it will drop out of its own accord, if not, I'm so tempted to chew on another piece of Thornton's caramel to help it on its way
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2011, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
You've never had jury duty, Mags ?!
No, never Eileen.... nor my OH
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2011, 11:04 PM

No, never Eileen.... nor my OH
I've never done Jury Service either. Was called quite a number of years ago, but was going into hospital when it was due to start, so was excused.

One of my Sisters was called, and all she did was hang around for about 4 days before she and others were sent home. Now that would drive me crackers!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2011, 11:16 PM

Good luck with your Jury Service....... I would hate to do that!
I am trying not to think about it Mags I am dreading the though of having to travel into town every day for two weeks.
I avoid big towns like the plague, don't like driving in traffic so will have to take the train which is full of germs

I am already starting to panic just thinking about it now.

Oh dear I sound so neurotic
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2011, 11:41 PM

Well,it's obviously different on my side of the Pond;here in Washington it's One Day or One Trial for the Petit Jury.If you manage to get thru the day without being called, you're free for two more years when your name goes back on the list; also if you do serve. Everyone I know seems to be called almost every two+ years; I've served on two juries (one civil, one criminal), been rejected once and excused twice.

Actually, I'd be interested in what it's like for you guys.......

If not called for voir dire, you spend the entire day sitting in a big room with dozens and dozens of other irritated people, boring, boring, boring!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2011, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Well,it's obviously different on my side of the Pond;here in Washington it's One Day or One Trial for the Petit Jury.If you manage to get thru the day without being called, you're free for two more years when your name goes back on the list; also if you do serve. Everyone I know seems to be called almost every two+ years; I've served on two juries (one civil, one criminal), been rejected once and excused twice.

Actually, I'd be interested in what it's like for you guys.......

If not called for voir dire, you spend the entire day sitting in a big room with dozens and dozens of other irritated people, boring, boring, boring!
Eileen here we are told you will be required possibly for two weeks though it could be more (as much as 6 weeks ) or less and in that time you may sit in on one or many cases .
There is a chance you won't chosen if a Barrister doesn't look the look of you
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2011, 12:01 AM

quite nice here today, but was in all day had a rare visit from daughter ellie and her daughter lucy, don't like it too hot the sun attacks me
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

03-08-2011, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by seaspirit ->
quite nice here today, but was in all day had a rare visit from daughter ellie and her daughter lucy, don't like it too hot the sun attacks me
Hello Seaspirit welcome, I hope you had a pleasant day with your daughter and granddaughter .

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top