Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 09:41 PM

Re: Hugs

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I give and get hugs every day.

I hug my mum and my son lives with me....he was brought up to wear his heart on his sleeve and to show his feelings.

So, he hugs me everyday before he goes out and when he returns.....along with those 3 words......"Can I borrow"
Too true mate. I hug Mrs G every day and when I see my Mum or kids, they get a hug too.
I think that we Brits are too shy to show our emotions and a good hug always helps.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
Too true mate. I hug Mrs G every day and when I see my Mum or kids, they get a hug too.
I think that we Brits are too shy to show our emotions and a good hug always helps.

Aah, good for you gasman, that's really nice to hear the men showing emotion too, so many feel they can't or shouldn't.

Same as men crying. Most won't let on they wept about something, but I'd prefer a man who can show emotion far more than a lump of stone any day.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Aah, good for you gasman, that's really nice to hear the men showing emotion too, so many feel they can't or shouldn't.

Same as men crying. Most won't let on they wept about something, but I'd prefer a man who can show emotion far more than a lump of stone any day.
I agree Mups. I have cried many a tear in the past and not ashamed to do so.
Why is it that that if a man cries, or shows emotion, he might be deemed ' queer ' ?
Yet, if a woman feels the same emotion, that is natural?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
I agree Mups. I have cried many a tear in the past and not ashamed to do so.
Why is it that that if a man cries, or shows emotion, he might be deemed ' queer ' ?
Yet, if a woman feels the same emotion, that is natural?

I don't know, but it seems all wrong to me.

Funnily enough, a man crying affects me much more deeply than a woman crying. I find it really upsetting.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 11:01 PM

You can't have enough hugs in your life..I have three grandchildren so I tend to give and get lots, but contrary to opinion you can't overdose on them.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0337.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	3275  
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

05-07-2017, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
You can't have enough hugs in your life..I have three grandchildren so I tend to give and get lots, but contrary to opinion you can't overdose on them.

Aaah, you old softie Rehab. That's nice.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 06:20 AM

I'm not a very tactile person I'm afraid. I hug friends if they move in for a hug but I'm not comfortable with it really.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't know, but it seems all wrong to me.

Funnily enough, a man crying affects me much more deeply than a woman crying. I find it really upsetting.
you should have seen me watching Marley & Me
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

06-07-2017, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
you should have seen me watching Marley & Me

Oooh, poor dongles. You'd have made me cry as well.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top