Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 10:39 AM

Re: Do you collect anything?

Us too Rena, we are doing the opposite decluttering, getting rid of all the collections we have made.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Very good Uncle Joe

I collect Country Companion figurines, hedgehogs, rabbits, badgers, squirrells. I've got about 50 of them and I have all the boxes They are discontinued now so I can't buy anymore.

I love the bright coloures on them.
Be patient Alison darlin' - give it time and you'll see this 'fad' return and be able to restart your collection.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 11:44 AM

My brother collects Zippo lighters and goes to conventions to meet other folks who do. I've no idea how many he has now.

I used to collect frogs but as I declutter I've kept only a few I like. One is from Newcastle and is made of polished coal. Another is a lovely piece from Steuben Glass in Corning NY. Unfortunately when people hear you 'collect' something they give you tacky stuff, like plastic frog salt and pepper shakers!
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 05:05 PM

I collect medication!!

I practically have to take a black bag with me when I go to the doctors to collect my meds, I'm on so many.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 07:32 PM

Unfortunately when people hear you 'collect' something they give you tacky stuff, like plastic frog salt and pepper shakers!

Some people. ......tsk
Ty_
New Member!
DFW, USA
Ty_ is male 

08-10-2012, 06:23 PM

If my wife turned me loose, we'd be broke and our house would be full of junk! I'd love to collect old cameras but have resisted so far. My dream collection would be old cars but that will never happen unless I inherit a fortune from a long lost uncle. I have an old coin collection that I've not been active with for years. I also have a Snow Village collection that I put out each Christmas. I still have all of my comic books and baseball cards from when I was a kid but don't ever trade or add to them.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2012, 08:17 PM

Hello Ty, I used to love the snow Village globe things, my granny had a huge one the size of a goldfish bowl, unfortunately someone dropped it (not me) and that was that.
When we were kids we used to go around all the local houses swapping comics, I enjoyed doing that. The "Dell" comics were always in great demand, the "Classics" were not so popular, too much like learning for us kids.
mari41
Wynyard. Tasmania
mari41 is female  mari41 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2012, 12:16 AM

I used to collect teddies and gollies but now we have downsized from a large house to a 'dollhouse' most of them have had to be packed away.
Falconer
Lancashire
Falconer is male  Falconer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2012, 05:07 AM

I collect 'collection's'. Odd, you might think, but when I get to around 50/60 of each, I tend to become interested in other things...currently, I have collections of pocket-watches, pipes, (the smoking sort, which I smoke). Hat's, (yep, really), guitar's, (being a muso)...and my latest collection is of gun's...(I have 43 at the mo, dating from 1750 to the present day...and all held legally, incidently)...but, of late, I'm becoming increasingly interested in developing a collection of Georgian and Victorian snuff-boxes...(where the hell I'm gonna keep 'em is anyone's guess!).
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2012, 07:38 AM

Trouble is Falc, when we start collecting these odds and bobs, they are worth something, and by the time we have a collection there worth very little at all.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top