Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 04:11 PM

Re: We Are Living In A Precarious Time.....

I am trying to carry on regardless while spending as little money as possible.
I have had some huge bills this year from the vet for extensive tests that proved inconclusive and for health care for myself to try to get some treatment which has been delayed by C19 since February and is still delayed.

I have grown more food this year and will continue to do so, having huge tubs of salad leaves right beside the back door that I can cut with scissors daily has been great .

These days I find simple foods freshly prepared are the best foods and that can just be perfectly made bread and soup .
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 04:36 PM

Carrying on as normal but with a mask on at times. Not stinting on the shopping. I've had lots of food from the allotment this year and hope for the same next year.

What with Covid and advancing years, I have been considering my own mortality lately and have freed up some money to just spend. Anything that advertises a 10 year guarantee as a selling point cuts no ice with me now.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 04:45 PM

Well I have no choice but to carry on as I've got to go and teach the little bu..g....dahlinks!
I'm careful though and stick to the rules everywhere else
Missing being with my family is the hardest part for me

I agree C19 is here for the duration but I really believe an annual vaccine is close now
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 07:09 PM

I think things are somewhat precarious at the moment and expect things to get a lot worse in the coming months/years. Unlike many of you I am not spending much at all. I am trying to save as much as I can before I die. Spending will not benefit me but I have the feeling my children and grandchildren are going to need some money behind them in the not so distant future.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think it is when you strip naked and place a penny between your knees. Then you have to pass it around using just your knees and not be left with it when the music stops. is that correct?
You have had a strange life LD
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
You have had a strange life LD
That's only since I moved to Devon Vlad.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's only since I moved to Devon Vlad.
I heard that they indulge in strange sexual practises down there and have webbed toes?
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
....... when none of us know what’s around the corner. So is it making you look at things differently or are you carrying on regardless?
All times are precarious times. It's just perception that varies.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 10:12 PM

I have bought some new clothes and I've given quite a lot to charity. Im wearing them daily so I feel new . I dont know what our future is but it feels worrying not for me I've had my life but for the future kids following on .

I tell myself people survived terrible times in the 1st and second world wars and the country pulled itself up again. But its disturbing times for a long while yet . ☹
Vlad
West Midlands UK

07-11-2020, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
All times are precarious times. It's just perception that varies.
Indeed, it was hell in that queue at the post office on Thursday

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top