Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 02:50 PM

Re: Eye contact

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
All the time, I can't go anywhere without it happening..... sigh!

I did start reading into body language at one time and decided to try it out. There was this woman I quite liked and the idea was to look her in the eye, raise my eyebrows with delight, then look away quickly. This shows you like them but are not a threat. I tried this and she immediately turned her hips towards me. Again, this means that she likes you. Nothing came of it but the experiment worked.

Oohh! Longdogs - I hope you weren't in London Zoo. You two might have been mistaken for a pair of monkeys.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I always make eye contact with people I am speaking with now you mention it, never really thought about it before though, but yes, I do. I also smile a lot, it's part and parcel of my personality, I find a smile usually causes the next person to smile too.

Only place I don't like to make eye contact is in a doctor's surgery or at a hospital appointment, for some reason I feel uncomfortable and worry the person I am looking at will wonder what I m staring at lol
I am the same, LQ. Never think about it, it's simply my personality and demeanor. It does draw people toward you, I think.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Oohh! Longdogs - I hope you weren't in London Zoo. You two might have been mistaken for a pair of monkeys.

I was eating my own fleas at the time.
BritGuyUSA
United States
BritGuyUSA is male 

12-04-2019, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->

Thoughts? Experiences?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aZ2bdnG97A
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
A little story....On a vacation to England, I met up with a male online friend of eight years, and we agreed to spend the afternoon seeing sights in London. We must have walked 12 miles, chatting some, but he never looked at me while we were walking and talking. I thought it very odd, as this is a way to connect with someone, to see where their attention is, and gives a good message, I think.
Over coffee and cake, he shared some of his routine life, family, etc. Even over a glass of beer outside a pub before I left, we sat side by side watching street performers and chatting.
When I thank him for the afternoon, and started down the subway steps, he turned, raced back to me, and soundly kissed me!
I couldn't begin to interpret all of this, so a week later I asked him why he didn't look at me when talking. He said he'd always been like this, and took a class once, saying if you look at someone over three seconds, it may be interpreted as staring or aggressive.

How do you feel about this? I was sure it wasn't a British trait, as many other men have had lovely conversations with me, looking at me directly across a table, or even standing close to me.

Very strange, but it did give us a disconnect. I haven't felt the same of him since.
I have always thought that if you fancy someone, you should make it obvious but without being a threat. No point in being shy about it then regretting it later.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have always thought that if you fancy someone, you should make it obvious but without being a threat. No point in being shy about it then regretting it later.
Exactly my thinking, Longie!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
A little story....On a vacation to England, I met up with a male online friend of eight years, and we agreed to spend the afternoon seeing sights in London. We must have walked 12 miles, chatting some, but he never looked at me while we were walking and talking. I thought it very odd, as this is a way to connect with someone, to see where their attention is, and gives a good message, I think.
Over coffee and cake, he shared some of his routine life, family, etc. Even over a glass of beer outside a pub before I left, we sat side by side watching street performers and chatting.
When I thank him for the afternoon, and started down the subway steps, he turned, raced back to me, and soundly kissed me!
I couldn't begin to interpret all of this, so a week later I asked him why he didn't look at me when talking. He said he'd always been like this, and took a class once, saying if you look at someone over three seconds, it may be interpreted as staring or aggressive.

How do you feel about this? I was sure it wasn't a British trait, as many other men have had lovely conversations with me, looking at me directly across a table, or even standing close to me.

Very strange, but it did give us a disconnect. I haven't felt the same of him since.
The sort of thing I'd probably do after half a pint

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top