Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 01:03 PM

Re: Doctors Surgeries

Hi SG, l hadn’t heard of this proposal before.

The drawbacks l see are, timid, shy or ‘private’ people feeling frightened to speak out in front of a group of strangers. Not everyone wants everyone to know about their private matters.

Or, bombastic, pushy people taking over, not giving others a chance to speak and behaving as if they are more ill or more important than the others.

You would be bound to get a gossiper amongst them that might tell their family and friends about the others in the group.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 01:08 PM

True LD, where will it all end. I think it all changed when they got rid of Doctor's surgeries and they all went under one umbrella in Medical Centres.
No more of the "Family Doctor" who would come out if a family member was too ill to go to the surgery, and where they knew each member of the family since birth,(and often stayed for a cup of tea before going onto their next patient)

Now we are fortunate if we can get an appointment with ANY of the Doctors within two weeks, even longer in some towns and cities.
If you wish to see whom was once your "Family Doctor", it's either "He's on holiday" or "not available this month!"

Sad times indeed.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Hi SG, l hadn’t heard of this proposal before.

The drawbacks l see are, timid, shy or ‘private’ people feeling frightened to speak out in front of a group of strangers. Not everyone wants everyone to know about their private matters.

Or, bombastic, pushy people taking over, not giving others a chance to speak and behaving as if they are more ill or more important than the others.

You would be bound to get a gossiper amongst them that might tell their family and friends about the others in the group.
Hi Art, yes, agree with you on that point. There is a great deal of difference between those working for the NHS and the general public! The first would never discuss outside for fear of court action or loss of their job. The latter would have some that would not be able to resist getting home to let others know that they know what is wrong with so-and-so! After all, who is going to tell the medical practice that they have told their nearest and dearest, who in turn, wouldn't be able to resist telling someone else.

DOH!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 02:23 PM

All is forgiven Shropshire girl.

But even as Meg says, a group of Diabetics, but again all Diabetics are different, there are different tablets, different Insulin, diet only, so that is not going to work either.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 03:33 PM

I don't fancy group sessions for anything.

My GP practice (there's only one GP) seems to have other ideas on how to manage his workload and right now he's on a mission to streamline his work/patient demands.

They're now switching to a two monthly prescription instead of one monthly for repeat prescriptions.
Whoopee!
I save one prescription cost and he saves office time.

He's definitely on a mission at the moment.
I got called in for a blood pressure check last week, out of the blue, never happened before ... done by a sister who comes in once a week to help out.
And my prescription needs were dealt with by a telephone call at home by another doctor I've never heard of .
He wants to send me off to hospital for tests to find out what I'm allergic to ... after all these years.
I'm beginning to feel a marked woman.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 05:02 PM

Yes my Doctors surgery, is just one Doctor, two Receptionist, one Nurse, and I can get an appointment on the same day.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 05:16 PM

Hi

My new GP Surgery is huge

Numerous receptionists and Doctors, no personal contact at all.

You are a number, nothing else.
Nicola 11
New Member!
United Kingdom
Nicola 11 is female 

07-10-2018, 09:21 AM

It's UK. I think it's a choice for the patient and it's a group consultation for people with same complaint.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top