Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 07:35 AM

Re: Bored with being in hospital

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Ffosse - at the risk of sounding unfeeling - the hospital staff are doing their best for you and all you ever do is criticize them. They want to make you better but it may take them time to sort out the best way of doing that - including altering your medication. You could help them - and yourself - by trying to have a more positive attitude. No-one enjoys being ill and it must be hell on wheels to be in a hot hospital in the current heatwave - but do try to find something good to focus on.
The present hospital staff are ok but it was the mistakes of a consultant and a heamotology nurse that led me to being in here in the first place. I should never have had chemo last week, it should have been cancelled.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 09:06 AM

But it is to be hoped that I'll get out today Although how long for is the question - that is what is so galling, the lack of control or power.
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 09:23 AM

Why does the methotrexate have to be given introvenously? Can't they give you tablets?.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 09:30 AM

Hi Ffosse being in a hospital is my worst nightmare even more so in hot weather. Have you tried running your wrist under the cold tap or keeping them under cold water as long as you can bear it , it does give temporary relief also try a cold wet flannel on the back of the neck.

Bite your lip and keep telling yourself all things pass and you will be home soon
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 10:01 AM

Ffosse when i was in hospital if you asked they would provide small fans for your bedside in hot weather, hard though it is you are in the best plac till you are well enough to go home.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

09-07-2018, 12:14 PM

Thanks all - it is much cooler here today.
The methotrexate is a 12 hour infusion, and your blood must be in the alkaline range before you can proceed. It's routinely a 4 days stay in hospital as they need to monitor you but I don't claim to know all the details or why it couldn't be shorter.

I've had one session already and I imagine it will take some time for my blood to get back to normal.

I'm getting out today, I don't know when, it depends on the nurses and awaiting pharmacy drugs.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top