Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 11:57 PM

Re: What changes would you make?

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Like others here, I have had sadness and regrets too, but that is only natural as we go through life. Experiences have only been wasted ones if we don't learn from them.

Today, No, I haven't got everything I dreamed of, but I have still got a darn site more than some poor sods.

(pardon the swearing).
Very positive Mups. Good post
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 12:51 AM

My life is chock full of the biggest hills and valleys one can imagine in a little more than half a century. There are choices that I made that I not so much regret but now see that they were pivot points sending me in directions I never anticipated. I would never wish for a change that would result in (nearly all - ha) of the friends and family in my life being any different.

Likewise, I've made choices that have afforded me experiences of a lifetime. In the end, they all led me to where I sit right now, healthy enough and contented with a little place overlooking the sea where I can surf a wave here and there, and look up at sky full of stars on warm nights.

Best of all, there is still time for more choices...a few good ones here...an occasionally regrettable one there...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
My life is chock full of the biggest hills and valleys one can imagine in a little more than half a century. There are choices that I made that I not so much regret but now see that they were pivot points sending me in directions I never anticipated. I would never wish for a change that would result in (nearly all - ha) of the friends and family in my life being any different.

Likewise, I've made choices that have afforded me experiences of a lifetime. In the end, they all led me to where I sit right now, healthy enough and contented with a little place overlooking the sea where I can surf a wave here and there, and look up at sky full of stars on warm nights.

Best of all, there is still time for more choices...a few good ones here...an occasionally regrettable one there...
Hi Surfermom, hope you're good

Your post here is the sort of lifestyle I wished I'd had. It's the environment and location more than anything, but also the fact that you have made some good decisions and worked hard in your life enabling you to obtain this.
Yes, I'm envious but there is light at the end of this long dark tunnel and very soon it will be shining. I have some new plans to hopefully get there faster which I will be looking at.
Sorry, just had to get that out of my system!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Hi Surfermom, hope you're good

Your post here is the sort of lifestyle I wished I'd had. It's the environment and location more than anything, but also the fact that you have made some good decisions and worked hard in your life enabling you to obtain this.
Yes, I'm envious but there is light at the end of this long dark tunnel and very soon it will be shining. I have some new plans to hopefully get there faster which I will be looking at.
Sorry, just had to get that out of my system!
Ooh that's intruiging Floydy
What are you hoping for
Can we know?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

04-04-2018, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Ooh that's intruiging Floydy
What are you hoping for
Can we know?
Hi Rhian.
It's nothing exciting. I just have a couple of ideas or options which may enable me to get off working nights. I need to discuss things with my wife and see if they are workable.
At the moment carrying on like this is going to kill me.
I'll say more in due course
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 06:32 PM

Hi Rhian.
It's nothing exciting. I just have a couple of ideas or options which may enable me to get off working nights. I need to discuss things with my wife and see if they are workable.
Good for you Floydy
You have to look after number 1
As no b*gger else is going to do it for you I'm afraid
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 06:34 PM

Hi Rhian.
I hope you'll be able to find something suitable for you Floydy .... good luck!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 08:07 PM

I would have picked a better father and loved my mother more.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 08:10 PM

Hi Rhian.
Been there mate, working nights, it almost ruined my marriage and my relationship with my daughter, go for it mate, I wish you well.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top