Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 07:44 AM

Re: Would you speak out?

I'd let them get on with it, if they weren't hurting anyone else, when they got fed up, and abandoned the trolleys, one's inclination would be to return the items to the supermarket, but, it would be nigh on impossible to push two trolleys at the same time, particularly over rough terrain.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 07:54 AM

Thinking about it, as kids, we liberated a few shopping trolleys, but never (intentionally) to the peril of the general public, so, not best placed to make a judgement.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 07:58 AM

Hi

At the moment no, I cannot knock the skin off a rice pudding.

I am getting better by the day, so in 3 months, yes I would.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I think if they were barging about in abandoned trolleys that's different from the ops stating they had stolen the trolleys. Probably right though that the police would do very little if it was reported.

I know they were stolen, when I sat down there were two lads on the Parkour with one trolley, shortly afterwards two more arrived with another trolley, saying "this one's ours". That was when I tackled them about stealing them. The response from one lad was that his pound coin was in his trolley, therefore it belonged to him.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 09:29 AM

How infuriating .
we used to live near a lovely park with lakes and a brook going through and I was always reporting supermarket trolleys dumped in them.
These trolleys apart from being an eyesore and danger to wildlife are very expensive and cost the supermarkets plenty too in time and trouble in recovering them .
I once took on two girls about it and got a right mouthful from the elder a young Madame of about 15 however I managed to convince the younger one to return the trolley to the supermarket car park .i would hesitate before taking on 4 yobs they have no respect for age or gender you are braver than me Cree Cree
However a letter to you local paper might heighten awaremenss of this anti social behaviour .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
How infuriating .
we used to live near a lovely park with lakes and a brook going through and I was always reporting supermarket trolleys dumped in them.
These trolleys apart from being an eyesore and danger to wildlife are very expensive and cost the supermarkets plenty too in time and trouble in recovering them .
I once took on two girls about it and got a right mouthful from the elder a young Madame of about 15 however I managed to convince the younger one to return the trolley to the supermarket car park .i would hesitate before taking on 4 yobs they have no respect for age or gender you are braver than me Cree Cree
However a letter to you local paper might heighten awaremenss of this anti social behaviour .
Hi

There are some powers to deal with them.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/removing...council-powers

The supermarkets could give a stuff, cheaper to let them go than to pay the costs of keeping them on site.

A fine of £1000 for each one would be better.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 09:50 AM

That's not altogether true Swims our local supermarket had a book for reporting this in store as well as by phone and did come to retrieve their trolleys .
I always tried if possible to hoick them out of water .
How can you fine yobs they aren't going to pay even if you catch them stealing them ?
The best trolleys are those that lock if taken off the site but these are no doubt even more expensive .
Entrances with kissing gates might also help .
Better still security guards .
Why do yobs indulge in anti social behaviour ?
More people taking pictures of them sent straight to local papers shaming them might deter them too.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 09:55 AM

Judge Judy says not to poke your nose in with situations like that....dial 911 for the police.
It seems that in the States they have something called a police force that will answer calls for help of this nature within a reasonable time....One day in the UK maybe we will be lucky enough to have a similar system introduced.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

06-08-2017, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
That's not altogether true Swims our local supermarket had a book for reporting this in store as well as by phone and did come to retrieve their trolleys .
I always tried if possible to hoick them out of water .
How can you fine yobs they aren't going to pay even if you catch them stealing them ?
The best trolleys are those that lock if taken off the site but these are no doubt even more expensive .
Hi

You are very fortunate in that respect Muddy.

I am a fisherman and we always pulling them out of the River, and they take no notice.

The fine would be on the Supermarkets, not the yobs.

There is a system available to stop this, it locks the wheels electronically as soon as the trolley leaves the supermarket car park.

It has been around for years.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2179891.stm

It is my view that it should be made compulsory.

It is also my view that we should put a charge on fast food containers as well, to pay for the costs of cleaning them up.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by poohdog ->
Judge Judy says not to poke your nose in with situations like that....dial 911 for the police.
It seems that in the States they have something called a police force that will answer calls for help of this nature within a reasonable time....One day in the UK maybe we will be lucky enough to have a similar system introduced.:roll:

Not whilst the scumbag 'nasty party' are busy cutting finances from the Police forces around the country in an attempt to cut costs so they can bribe (i mean pay) yet more money to their rich friends.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top