Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 08:49 AM

Re: when he proposed

Walking along sea front at littlehampton we were laughing at me because I'd said something daft and he said I love a woman can laugh at herself, that's sort I'd like to marry. We both stopped walking a bit shocked I looked at him and he said well shall we ? I jumped into his arms and said yes ! We'd only met 2 weeks earlier !

4 weeks later we were married amid many people saying this was too quick it would never work. That was 1984 and we are still together, still love each other to bits. It works still !
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Walking along sea front at littlehampton we were laughing at me because I'd said something daft and he said I love a woman can laugh at herself, that's sort I'd like to marry. We both stopped walking a bit shocked I looked at him and he said well shall we ? I jumped into his arms and said yes ! We'd only met 2 weeks earlier !

4 weeks later we were married amid many people saying this was too quick it would never work. That was 1984 and we are still together, still love each other to bits. It works still !
Blimey that was a bit quick, I am glad it worked out for you.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 08:53 AM

When you believe in no sex before marriage and fancy the pants off each other it has to be quick
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 09:25 AM

Back in 1971 my boyfriend and I were staying at his parents, where we had an argument. His mum was on my side and said " He will get over it, now who wants a cup of tea". My boyfriend said," Not us we are going into town"
We were walking down a small street when he clasped my hand and pushed me into a shop doorway. It was a jewellers and he said "Which of those rings do you like?" so I pointed to one with a large diamond in the centre and 3 smaller ones down each shoulder. It cost £75... so he must have liked me
He took me into the shop where they measured me and arranged for it to fit me, and asked if we could pick it up next week. We then went back to his Mum's and told everybody that we were getting married.
We then went to my house so he could ask my dad if it was ok to marry me.
Not romantic, but very memorable
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Nonsense. I bet you turn every head in the street in your dungarees and stilettos.

So sorry Apricot, I apologise for diverting your thread.

I will shut up now.
Well as it"s you , I will let you off this time.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
When you believe in no sex before marriage and fancy the pants off each other it has to be quick
Oh dear that is sad!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

16-05-2017, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Oh dear that is sad!
Really so sad it's made a happy marriage and a solid foundation for several kids needing a home. I don't see that as sad at all.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 10:56 AM

I'm afraid I've always been a bit of a sucker for anything romantic, all my life.
I used to love mushy films, real weepy's . They don't seem to make them any more, do they? I certainly haven't seen one since about 1970 and 'Love Story,' which made me cry for weeks afterwards if I even heard the music!

When I think back, I can't recall ever being with anyone who did anything romantic for me.
It is not about spending money, or expensive gifts, that doesn't hit the button at all, but I am a sucker for nice words, and a gentle nature.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'm afraid I've always been a bit of a sucker for anything romantic, all my life.
I used to love mushy films, real weepy's . They don't seem to make them any more, do they? I certainly haven't seen one since about 1970 and 'Love Story,' which made me cry for weeks afterwards if I even heard the music!

When I think back, I can't recall ever being with anyone who did anything romantic for me.
It is not about spending money, or expensive gifts, that doesn't hit the button at all, but I am a sucker for nice words, and a gentle nature.
Oh dear i wonder if Ratners will take the ring back. At least i can stop practicing the bendy knee wot wiv me bad back an all.

On the plus side i can replant the Dandelions, and take my teeth out.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 11:05 AM

Oh Nomkins, what am I to do with you.

The mental image alone of you with your teeth on the floor next to you, clutching your bunch of wilted dandelions, and producing a plastic curtain ring for me has melted my heart.

You win . . I'm yours.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top