Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2017, 03:00 PM

Re: Slaps and Pikeys

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
The terms used are lazy shorthand.

We all use them such as comedians 'cracking us up', threaten to 'kill' misbehaving kids or 'knock their blocks off'.

It was football banter,nothing more from Moyes, delivered with a laugh to a laughing reporter that just happened to be female.
Bloom was underlining his macho credentials for the role, using shorthand for the Gypsy lifestyle, dare I say Cock and dog fighting, bare knuckle fighting,scrap and horse dealing ?

Nobody was hurt or offended except the professional whingers...........in my opinion.
That will be FA then?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2017, 07:03 PM

I don't see why anyone needs to be sensitive to thieving pikeys that cause so much anguish and heartache through their nefarious activities .
They didn't get the name without the game it not for nothing the police don't go alone and sometimes in protective gear to their encampments ,
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2017, 07:24 PM

Way to go Muddy! Let's burn them all!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2017, 07:29 PM

No but let's not pretend that they are a bunch of hard done by ethnic monorities .
They are not .
Most are tax dodging unscrupulous thieves who steal from law abiding people.
They prey on the local community in which they live, they contribute nothing They givenothi g always take, and when people are sick and tired of allowing them to take they scream racism, even though they are not a race but descendants of Irish tinkers .
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

27-04-2017, 08:04 PM

I agree...but burning is so much fun
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2017, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I don't see why anyone needs to be sensitive to thieving pikeys that cause so much anguish and heartache through their nefarious activities .
They didn't get the name without the game it not for nothing the police don't go alone and sometimes in protective gear to their encampments ,
My daughter in law is a pikey, or at least the daughter of of a pikey.
She has never ever ever been out of work all the 30 plus years I have known her.I would trust her with my life.

Generalisation is never a good thing.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

27-04-2017, 10:04 PM

So what loads of people have never been out of work and can be trusted .
Does it make it a special virtue either if someone is of pikey origins?
( yes I suppose it does )
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2017, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
My daughter in law is a pikey, or at least the daughter of of a pikey.
She has never ever ever been out of work all the 30 plus years I have known her.I would trust her with my life.

Generalisation is never a good thing.

I would respectfully direct you to the thread entitled Head of Department, where a post for Responsibility for Combating Gross Generalisation was put forward for consideration only this evening...post35 in fact.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

27-04-2017, 10:08 PM

Perhaps you would like to give some examples of what the pikey community generally contribute to society as a whole .
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2017, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Perhaps you would like to give some examples of what the pikey community generally contribute to society as a whole .
Diversity ?
A home grown group to hate ?

But seriously my pikey daughter in law's family are mostly law abiding also, I would agree that many so called Travelers are no more than chavs, but that is societies problem, we do have many true blue Brit chavs too.
Just remembered........my daughter had a pikey partner, they had a child together that despite her moving 100's of miles away he visited regularly never failed to finance the boy's up keep for over 30 years, he has never been unemployed either.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top