Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 09:56 PM

Re: Rubbish Christmas tv

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Over the summer I have been collecting books and dvds, mostly the older stuff, from the charity shops so these have kept us going up to now.
Fortunately, I'm not a big tv viewer but would be nice to see a good drama or mystery over Christmas or the New Year. Hate soaps ..... and the films?! Forget 'em, c**p!!
Why do adults tune in to watch childrens' films - I don't get it when they have no youngsters around..
I have perhaps 300 or so programmes I have recorded on to DVDs over the years, so when there's nothing on the box and we want something to watch, there's plenty to choose from.

I have the good fortune of having a crap memory, so it's quite easy for me to watch things I have seen before (I think). Unfortunately, my wife suffers from a good memory!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 10:03 PM

Must admit ive watched a few nice things this xmas....but I have been picky and turned the tv off a lot of the time and listened to my radio instead.....only today I caught Catherine Cooksons A Dinner of Herbs on Drama channel on freeview it was on from 1pm till 4pm today and also second and final part tomorow from 1pm till 4pm again ...it was brilliant and I cant wait to see the second part tomorow now.....I found it quite by accident though as was doing a bit of channel hopping lol...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 11:08 PM

Watching Spectre, James Bond.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Well I've erm , been erm watching the...erm harry potter films I've even er... RECORDED ONE to watch tonight, of course I've seen them a few times, but you know how it is, bit like chocolate, you eat a little bit then you can't seem to stop:

Primus! You need to go to Harry Potter's Anonymus immediately, before it gets any worse.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Must admit ive watched a few nice things this xmas....but I have been picky and turned the tv off a lot of the time and listened to my radio instead.....only today I caught Catherine Cooksons A Dinner of Herbs on Drama channel on freeview it was on from 1pm till 4pm today and also second and final part tomorow from 1pm till 4pm again ...it was brilliant and I cant wait to see the second part tomorow now.....I found it quite by accident though as was doing a bit of channel hopping lol...

Ooh, why didn't you tell me Aysa, I've have watched that too.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2016, 01:23 PM

Sky programmes at Christmas are no different from the rest of the year which is a real let down and the odd new programme is usually rubbish. I really don't understand why say fifty out of the hundreds of channels can't get together to make one bloody good channel and take on the BBC and ITV etc.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2016, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
In September 2012 i switched off the TV and since then ive never felt the urge to switch it on again. Their is life after the goggle box, am i alone i wonder. ?
No, Nom, you are not alone! I dispensed with TV when we went digital somewhere around 2003 I think.

On Christmas day I was with friends and we did something very radical - we had conversations and a walk by the river!!

They did put the TV on in the evening to Watch the Strictly Christmas show - but it went off again as soon as that finished.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2016, 04:05 PM

Now, the friends I was with yesterday are completely different - they just cannot bear for their TV to be off!

We had:-

The Muppet's Christmas Carol - with our Morty as Mrs Cratchet !
Room on the Broom
Zootropolis
Ghostbusters - the rubbish new one with the all female cast.
Finding Nemo.

Conversation was limited - but the meal was superb !

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top