Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 10:31 AM

Re: If, Single, Widowed Or Divorced, Would You Consider A Dating Site?

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I'll hopefully come across someone normal eventually.
Keep looking, don't give up .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
I did say 'MEN' Barry.....There are plenty of loose-wristed indeterminates that visit those sites too I believe !
So am I not a man, or am I a loose wristed indeterminate in your estwhile opinion, because I don't see sex as a priority?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I would have joined a dating site in the past, but, what's put me off is that Art and others who have had dozens of dates haven't found anyone suitable, in fact just between Art and the woman in the article have found less that 1% of men they met were worthy of a second look.
Also I think it strange that if we were discussing a young woman who'd dated that many men, she'd have been regarded as a right floosy!
If I did look for a date I'd want someone who was honest enough to say they're balding, plump etc. not one who tries to impress or look younger.
I'll hopefully come across someone normal eventually.
TessA, l have found lots that are suitable but it's me that is the problem! I can't commit! I have got used to living on my own and doing my own thing that l am frightened of commitment. I have had about four relationships but l soon get bored.
My other worry is, if l married or lived with them and we broke up, l could lose my house.
I like it the way it is, meeting and going on dates.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
So am I not a man, or am I a loose wristed indeterminate in your estwhile opinion, because I don't see sex as a priority?
Actually Barry men, with attitudes like yours, are the ones that have more appeal to women . If somebody is only interested in sex he may be better accommodated at a local brothel.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
NEVER in a millions years. If my husband dies before me I would never want another relationship, one is more than enough. Even if I was interested, I would only what to get to know people I had met in person, not those who were so desperate they had to resort to a dating site.
What a very narrow, blinkered and harsh way you have of looking at life Tarantula. So anyone who does dating sites or similar is desperate eh!? I don't think so.
Perhaps just a bit lonely and wants to go out and smell the coffee and the roses and start a new life. Following my divorce some 25 years ago I started to go to a similar club in Northampton called Making Friends. In time I met the most wonderful Woman and we have now been very happily Married for over 20 years. Without going to that club I would not have met her, and I just may have spent my life turning into a miserable old bat.
Speaking of which.
Your forum name does suit you!

In the scenario of the original post I would certainly use a dating site.
Mind you Tarantula. I would start by trying to date one or two of the lovely Ladies here in this forum I already have my eyes on!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Suitable for what?
If there's a whiff of desperation and an air of 'I'm after a man for life/ a new husband" about you (one) then I think most men would run for the hills. After all you don't meet someone in your normal day to day life in that way.
But if you're after spending an hour or so over a drink or meal just chatting and relaxing as opposed to spending that time alone, then you might just decide you like them enough to see them again. Or not.
I think a great deal depends on your temperament and your sense of adventure.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
If somebody is only interested in sex he may be better accommodated at a local brothel.
What's your address there, Twinky?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
What's your address there, Twinky?
Oh Ploppy, when I came to see you you were never home.... so my address is now a secret only given to those who really care.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

24-10-2016, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Oh Ploppy, when I came to see you you were never home.... so my address is now a secret only given to those who really care.
I care Twink.
I really do.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

24-10-2016, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
I care Twink.
I really do.
Well you have my phone number BC

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top