Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 01:53 PM

Re: Long distance relationships

If it was me I'd keep him as a 'mate' for the time being and direct most of my spare time/energy to meeting somebody else.
I have several friends who have made successful relationships through dating sites. You have nothing to lose.

Having read your later posts I don't think he deserves you.
Good luck.
Poppy53
Norfolk UK
Poppy53 is female  Poppy53 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Poppy , as you see many wise people on this forum . Take heed , listen .

Please don't be offended but you sound "needy" and this can cause you heartbreak as your not seeing the reality . Move on , make a life for yourself , don't put all your feelings into this person .

Life has taught me that you only have people in your life who are worthy of having YOU in their life.

He's a player , you owe him nothing
Thank you - until ii wrote all these posts I didn't realise I was so needy, and that isn't me. Most of the relationships i have had in the past were men who were "bad men" so when I met this one he was completely the opposite, and I fell hook line and sinker. I had been on my own for over 10yrs, going through the menopause, my children are grown up and I haven't got any friends, so I think I was doing the something/someone is better than nothing.
Poppy53
Norfolk UK
Poppy53 is female  Poppy53 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
If it was me I'd keep him as a 'mate' for the time being and direct most of my spare time/energy to meeting somebody else.
I have several friends who have made successful relationships through dating sites. You have nothing to lose.

Having read your later posts I don't think he deserves you.
Good luck.
Thank you x
Wonder if anyone is interested iin a 53yr old single mum, going through the menopause, work long shifts as my boss keeps going on holiday lol x
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Poppy53 ->
Thank you x
Wonder if anyone is interested iin a 53yr old single mum, going through the menopause, work long shifts as my boss keeps going on holiday lol x
You won't know unless you try.

Friends I know have had much success with 'Plenty of Fish' It's a dating site for all ages and so far as I know it's entirely free.
My son found the love of his life on it and is now happily married. At the other end of the age spectrum I know a man of 70 who has also found a nice partner.

You might have to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince though!! lol
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 02:33 PM

Thank you x
Me.
I like a bit of danger in my life
Poppy53
Norfolk UK

04-07-2016, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Me.
I like a bit of danger in my life
Lol, well if you like walking, photography, a cat and dog, oh and 2 grumpy teenages.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 02:42 PM

There is a really nice man that l have known for over three years but he lives in Wales. He has been here a few times and has offered to pick me up and take me to his house to stay.
It was the all the skyping and evening three hour calls that put me off. I'd come off the phone and my arm would be nearly falling off!
A lovely, lovely man with a voice like Richard Burton but there are plenty more fish in the sea that live closer!!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 02:51 PM

Lol, well if you like walking, photography, a cat and dog, oh and 2 grumpy teenages.
Oh dear.......I have a dog and 2 grumpy 20 somethings.
Walking is boring(too energetic)
Photography.....that could be interesting
Hawkeye
Devon UK
Hawkeye is male  Hawkeye has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 03:13 PM

At 53 Poppy, you are still a young whippersnapper. Get down to Morrisson's and linger around the ready meals shelves, it's better than a dating site. Unfortunately I'm married so have had to decline sharing an extra pot of Pilau rice.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 03:20 PM

This thread reminded me of BlueEyes's man dilemma last year.
It makes you wonder if men are worth the trouble?!!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top