Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 02:47 PM

Re: Easily recognisable

I have never been on a date as such, my husband and I communicated by letter and phone calls, when we were young. He lived in the UK and was at uni, I was still at school until a year before we married. When he visited me he stayed in our home.
Hawkeye
Devon UK
Hawkeye is male  Hawkeye has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 02:56 PM

I'd be the one that one that Art has not been on a date with!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 05:25 PM

Some of the most beautiful women ive met have had the personality of mouldy sago pudding. Yet ive met many that dont conform to barbie beauty that have been a delight to know. Personality, humour, charm, always in my book.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 05:49 PM

Hi

A year after the Ex left the women at work decided to book me in for an Over 50s Speed Dating evening.

My then secretary, who was single, came along as well to make sure I didn't chicken out.

It was weird, only three minutes to sell yourself so to speak and one lady had a written list of questions which she asked and then scored you on.

The advantage I suppose is that you do know what the other person looks like.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 05:53 PM

I have never dressed up to attract anyone, I wear what makes me feel comfortable.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye ->
I'd be the one that one that Art has not been on a date with!
Hawkey, That's because you play hard to get!
Anyway, you wouldn't be seen dead with an old relic such as me!!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
I would require a current photograph prior to a meeting to ensure that my date was not overweight, did not wear trousers and had reasonably long hair.
Surely one jests Malcolm?
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 07:45 PM

I'd go with my Profile here

"Geriatric, bald, fat, toothless, married Aussie male .... "
I might add something like "impoverished, leftie, unfit, boozy, cat-hater'.

How do you reckon I'd go ?

Might get a few out of sheer curiosity - and they could never complain that I exaggerated my 'qualities'.
Indeed, some of the above would be over-stating the negative case so that could be a clincher.

EDIT: oh, and how would I say I could be recognized ?
"I'll be the one with the exposed beer-belly and a cat-skin hat."
That should definitely swing it.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

If you were brave enough to do the same, how would 'sell yourself' in just a few short lines?
I could never sell myself to myself let alone anyone else.

Many moons ago, before computers, I went on a few blind dates. Lots of calls by phone before I met anyone. You can really get to know the person speaking on the phone a few times and of course you knew straight away if you'd both gel with each other.... (or not) ...
...and it was great to eventually meet and put a face to who'd you'd been speaking to.

As for recognising the date, it was usually exchanging the cars we drove.

Now though folk's seem to find their dates online, so I suppose they can do Skype/webcams or whatever they do these days.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 11:01 PM

About eight years after my first marriage broke up I answered an ad in the paper, a guy had shared the cost of the ad with his friend, one was a lorry driver and the other was a Tory councillor. They both turned up at their and unbeknown to me they saw me enter and decided which one was going to be my date!
Thank heavens it was the lorry driver!
We went put for quite a few months, during which time I never had to buy toilet rolls!
Anyway, he said one of the reasons he split from his ex wife was that her ears smelled awful!
I met his adoptive parents and things were going well.
Then he decided he wanted someone who owned a house, ( I was renting) as he wanted the same as he'd had before, his own house!
Cheeky git! Needless to say he got a Poinking, good and proper!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top