Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Rosey
Essex,UK
Rosey is female  Rosey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 07:19 AM

Re: Are You A Townie Or A Country Bumpkin?

I live in a small village......a short distance from the coast...
hate crowds and shopping...so Im a country bumpkin !
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 08:32 AM

We lived in a very rural area before we moved to the village we now live in. It is semi-rural close to woods and farmland. I would hate to live in a town or city.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 10:32 AM

I'm a Country Gal, I live with my partner on a Highland Farm in the far north of Scotland. I am in Perth several times a year to see family and friends. Also make sure my son is looking after my house ok, but I'm always so glad to get back to the peace and quiet up north..
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I'm a Country Gal, I live with my partner on a Highland Farm in the far north of Scotland. I am in Perth several times a year to see family and friends. Also make sure my son is looking after my house ok, but I'm always so glad to get back to the peace and quiet up north..
Yeah but you got them Sassenach eating bugs up there.
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 11:00 AM

I'm a townie! I live on the edge of a village, on an estate, which is very quiet.
its minutes away from facilities, 20 minute drive into town centre.
there are walks along the lanes to other villages.
I couldn't live in the countryside, I would go mad not being able to get to the shops/cinema/restaurants ect within minutes.
and would feel totally cut off in Winter.
so give me the town!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 12:49 PM

I come from,what was, a small village within the sight and smell of a huge brickyard. Despite the obvious mental illness of that thing who my mother married life could be OK. All the villages within cycling or bur route had youth clubs.

Then away 150 miles North to Leeds where I stayed until 1992. Came back to a large house in a small village in South Lincolnshire and am now in a bungalow in the small town about 3 miles away from that big house. So I guess I am a country lad who did see some city life.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Townie or Country Bumpkin? Which are you? Or, which would you prefer to be?
l live on the edge of a town, almost in the country so maybe l'm a bit of both!
I live on the edge of a village which is on the edge of a town and am most certainly not a 'Townie' nor am I a 'bumpkin'
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Yeah but you got them Sassenach eating bugs up there.
True Nom lol. But they are not fussy the wee scunners have a go at anyone, I've stopped going to the woods in the evening with the Clydes or the dogs.....I feel like I'm getting eaten alive some days..
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 05:28 PM

I was shocked Roxy when we were on the way to Skye we stopped by a very attractive Loch for a break.

I was in shorts and T shirt, taking in the view and before i knew it i felt the bites and i was covered in pink spots. I had never been bitten before.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 05:35 PM

Born and raised in a town...but have lived more that half my life in the county of my mother's birth.....so I am back to my countryside roots in a village, but I am certainly no 'bumpkin'

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top