Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 12:14 PM

Re: School sports

I too hated sports; the 'fun' in playing soccer (which has to be the most boring ball sport ever invented) on a rock hard, frozen pitch in the middle of a bitter winter completely escaped me.

Having said that my kids loved sports and now in their thirties they still play, my daughter plays soccer and netball, son plays footie (rugby league), my daughter in law plays touch footie.

As for other sports - they all enrolled in Little Athletics when they were old enough (5years old I think) and seemed to enjoy field sports but were not particularly good at them just enjoyed the fun and the friendship.

Like most Australian parents I spent the weekends ferrying my kids to their various sporting fixtures when they competed for their schools (with three kids it was a logistical nightmare), taking my turn as manager and supplying the oranges. It only ceased when they got their driving licences.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 05:01 PM

Re: School sports

I was not too bad around the gym-shinning up a rope? no problem. Outside cross country running was actually fun(I know I`m weird). But shot putt?-grief that was hard-that was where the rather `larger` boys who could not climb a rope or run through three miles of mud had their moment.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top