Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 01:05 PM

Re: BEGGARS and ….. BEGGARS

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
Another one of your ideas ... or is it Orangutan who's fiddling with your mind?
Contrary to what you seem to think, I can think and speak for myself, and I am not gullible enough to believe what a beggar tells me.
Some of them are making hundreds of pounds a week on top of their benifits.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
Contrary to what you seem to think, I can think and speak for myself, and I am not gullible enough to believe what a beggar tells me.
Some of them are making hundreds of pounds a week on top of their benifits.

I do not understand how all of that is related. I am trying to figure out why it is you think that “a cardboard sign” (your words) and ”just by looking at him” (your words again) were the only clues I had to knowing he was Swedish. I have no doubt that you can "think and speak for yourself" but then I must ask how you came to the above conclusion
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 01:34 PM

I do not understand how all of that is related. I am trying to figure out why it is you think that “a cardboard sign” (your words) and ”just by looking at him” (your words again) were the only clues I had to knowing he was Swedish. I have no doubt that you can "think and speak for yourself" but then I must ask how you came to the above conclusion
Because, in your first post you said.
"I just now got back from booze shop for a bottle of wine. At the entrance was the Romanian beggar, as always. But surprise-surprise(!) there was a Swedish man so close to the gypsy that they might have been able to touch one another. He was holding a sign written in Swedish,

“Swedish. Sorry, but I am homeless”

You implied that the only reason you knew he was Swedish was because he was holding a sign written in Swedish.

Then when I suggested that he may not have been, you seem to think that someone else is influencing my thinking.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 02:16 PM

Because, in your first post you said.
"I just now got back from booze shop for a bottle of wine. At the entrance was the Romanian beggar, as always. But surprise-surprise(!) there was a Swedish man so close to the gypsy that they might have been able to touch one another. He was holding a sign written in Swedish,

“Swedish. Sorry, but I am homeless”
That is what I wrote, yes.

You implied that the only reason you knew he was Swedish was because he was holding a sign written in Swedish.
I never implied that at all. I implied rather clearly (I hope) that the only reason I gave him any money is because he was Swedish.

Then when I suggested that he may not have been, you seem to think that someone else is influencing my thinking.
That is true ... and I still do not understand why you would make that assumption "on your own". But if you say you worked it out for yourself (or at least that you are capable of it) then I'd liked to know why you made that decision?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 02:44 PM

I must say that I am sorry to see two gentlemen arguing on this thread, and here is my reason why:_

When AO said that he had given money to the Swedish beggar, I thought "Good on you, we should all look after our own first."

When Jimmy said " How do you know he was Swedish" I remembered that I had thought that when I first read it, but because I have read a lot of AO's posts, I was sure he wouldn't have made a mistake like that.

So to both gentlemen, can I suggest that this was just a misunderstanding of each others words, and suggest that it isn't really worth arguing about?
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

14-03-2016, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
..... So to both gentlemen, can I suggest that this was just a misunderstanding of each others words, and suggest that it isn't really worth arguing about?
An excellent suggestion, Twink.
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 03:33 PM

O blinkin' leh !!!!! Summat sensible at last, thank you Twink.

Hey you guys, that Twink is a year older today than she was on Friday !!!! So therefore it behoves you lot to take note, accept that the written word can be misinterpreted and possibly see an alternative meaning to what has been written, before leaping up and being offended, or going on the offensive !
Jimmy
Lancashire

14-03-2016, 03:37 PM

That is what I wrote, yes.

I never implied that at all. I implied rather clearly (I hope) that the only reason I gave him any money is because he was Swedish

That is true ... and I still do not understand why you would make that assumption "on your own". But if you say you worked it out for yourself (or at least that you are capable of it) then I'd liked to know why you made that decision?
From the opening post I assumed you thought that just because the beggar had a sign written in Swedish you assumed he was.
Then you asked was it Orangutan playing with my mind who caused me to say he may not be Swedish.

Anyway, as Twink said, it isn't worth arguing about, so let's forget about it and move on.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 03:47 PM

Nice one AO and Jimmy.
Men settle things so much better than we women dont they.

Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

14-03-2016, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by GillyT ->
O blinkin' leh !!!!! Summat sensible at last, thank you Twink.

Hey you guys, that Twink is a year older today than she was on Friday !!!! So therefore it behoves you lot to take note, accept that the written word can be misinterpreted and possibly see an alternative meaning to what has been written, before leaping up and being offended, or going on the offensive !
Yes, mother dear.

Originally Posted by solo ->
Men settle things so much better than we women dont they.
I think not. It were a woman, Twink, what 'ad to step in and sort us men out.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top