Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2015, 01:35 PM

Re: Winter Duvets

I have a lovely snuggly duck feather and down duvet if I get a little warm in the night I just tend to stick a leg out of bed for a few mins till the temp comes down again lol
LOL Solo that knitted onesie makes me sweat just looking at it lol
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2015, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Remember those times when you poked your nose out of blankets, quilts and your dads overcoat , and breathed out what looked like smoke.

The hot water bottle had turned to an ice block and you knew you had to hop out onto cold lino.

All praise for duvets. Mines a German goose down Federbett and wonderfully snuggly .

That bought back memories. Shivering until you got dressed. Running down the hallway to the bathroom, brrr those were the days!

I like the sound of your duvet, I quite fancy being goosed by a German
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2015, 02:43 PM

My house has two chimneys and had four fireplaces - lounge, kitchen and the two larger bedrooms. Only the lounge one is used now for a multi-fuel stove. I remember my parent's house also having a fireplace in the main bedroom, though I never remember it being lit. Doubt if 'health & safety' would approve these days.

I'm much happier having central heating and double glazing. Thankfully, hot water bottles and electric blankets are distant memories.
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2015, 02:49 PM

I still take a hot water bottle to bed, I don't like a warm bedroom so it's generally very cold, and my feet are often cold too, so I wear a pair of socks in bed in the winter.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2015, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I've had my winter duvet on for months now . I so love my bed .
me too susan, I also have my electric blanket on every night, can't sleep with cold feet!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2015, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I have a 13.5 tog perfect all year round, but us blokes have proper thermostats we dont go all hot and cold.

Anyhoo Ladies, remember Winter Drawers on.
[B]
[/B

That's right. You'll have to dig out your long johns too.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2015, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Aha, I wondered where they'd gone!
Nellie the Knickerphant.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2015, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Nellie the Knickerphant.

Cheeky.
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 12:38 AM

You read my mind Mups! I changed mine today for my 15 tog winter duvet. The 10 tog just wasn't cutting it for the past couple of weeks.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 12:42 AM

Mine's a 15 tog and pins me to the bed!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top