Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 04:34 PM

Re: Your bank

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Steve, wasn't sure whether you meant your hearing makes it difficult for you to go to bank in person? Sorry if I've misunderstood.
No, it's the fact that if there's anything wrong, the option always seems to be 'phone the bank.

I can't, and neither can huge percentage of the 800,000 other profoundly / seriously deaf people in this country.

That is why we need the Banks to keep providing a face-to-face service.

I am with the Nationwide and although they do respond to secure emails fairly quickly it is not immediately, as the emphasis these days is ALWAYS telephones, telephones, telephones!

To me the whole world seems totally dependent on a technology that I cannot use yet the technology ideal for me, (which is actually far more secure), is being ignored!

I would not be at all surprised if the whole world ground to a complete halt if all mobile and landline networks failed simultaneously.

Near-total reliance on ONE form of communication makes us extremely vulnerable. stevmk2
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
No, it's the fact that if there's anything wrong, the option always seems to be 'phone the bank.

I can't, and neither can huge percentage of the 800,000 other profoundly / seriously deaf people in this country.

That is why we need the Banks to keep providing a face-to-face service.

I am with the Nationwide and although they do respond to secure emails fairly quickly it is not immediately, as the emphasis these days is ALWAYS telephones, telephones, telephones!

To me the whole world seems totally dependent on a technology that I cannot use yet the technology ideal for me, (which is actually far more secure), is being ignored!

I would not be at all surprised if the whole world ground to a complete halt if all mobile and landline networks failed simultaneously.

Near-total reliance on ONE form of communication makes us extremely vulnerable. stevmk2
Interesting. I've recently been thinking how much everywhere is now relying on the internet as the main means of communication. Trying to get through to anywhere on the phone is often a complete waste of time. I've found Nationwide to be very good at replying to secure messages.

I got fed up with the post office, though. I had a very small amount of cash left in an ISA with them - less than £2 - so I wanted to close the account. I wrote to them asking for it to be closed. Got a letter back saying they don't deal with written requests any more (seems ironic that they send a letter to say that!) and it had to be done online or on the phone. Tried online - not allowed to close it online, only by phone. To an 0800 number that I cannot use from Ireland.

They still have my £2.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 07:26 PM

Unbelievable! What is the matter with these idiots?
Just as well it isn't a larger amount of your money they're hanging too.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 10:08 PM

We have lost our small village bank - I have to go into town now. The assumption that the world and his dog now have computers really annoys me. Even those of us that do have them are not always happy to trust them with our money!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2015, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
We have lost our small village bank - I have to go into town now. The assumption that the world and his dog now have computers really annoys me. Even those of us that do have them are not always happy to trust them with our money!
Me too! I'm appalled at the level of internet use that is now presumed. It can be isolating for those who don't/can't use computers.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top