Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 11:17 AM

Re: Bible thumpers at the door

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Bruce your bells need a good wash
The whole house needs a coat of paint never mind a wash.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
... when the Bothers or Sisters are in the field they know your house does not wish to be visited..
Was that intentional or a Freudian slip?

I have asked the ones who call and have even ventured up to the Kingdom Hall. It works for a little while - then back they come. If I know they are out and about then I just do not answer the door - but they are sneaky and change their days from time to time!

I am never rude to them because I know it is something they have to do and, usually, they are really nice people - but it does irritate.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 04:36 PM

I`d rather answer the door to those who seem to have faith and will go away with a polite comment when I say no thanks than those with a big bag trying to sell me tat and are rude when I say not interested.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I`d rather answer the door to those who seem to have faith and will go away with a polite comment when I say no thanks than those with a big bag trying to sell me tat and are rude when I say not interested.
Haven't seen any of those around here for years. We are a 'no cold calling' area.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Haven't seen any of those around here for years. We are a 'no cold calling' area.
O You are so so so lucky wish I lived in one.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 06:24 PM

I haven't had any cold callers either and I've been here over two years. I did have them when I lived in a modern estate. We even had people selling their own paintings! Thank goodness I've seen the back of them. Although I could never be rude. I just didn't open the door in the latter end and I wouldn't open the door here either.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

16-03-2015, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
O You are so so so lucky wish I lived in one.
Apply to your local council - that is what we did.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2015, 12:09 AM

Maybe there are less Cold Callers due to Global Warming.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top