Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 04:16 PM

Re: Pyjama party..

Originally Posted by littlebob ->
You have got it in one Alice, people seem to love this character, it makes them laugh.
Bob, the writer of WWW is buried in the Necropolis in Glasgow. Saw his tombstone when out on a walk with my beloved walking group.
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

25-01-2015, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Pyjama parties might well be great, but I still don't think a woman and her child both dressed in their nightware in the paper shop at 11.30 am the other day was appropriate at all.
Totally agree with you, wrong place for this dress style.
Lets face it, you can wear a swimming costume on the beach but you probably shouldn't wear it in the boardroom.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 11:28 PM

Well thank goodness someone agrees Bob, I was beginning to think it was only me thinking it unsuitable.
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

26-01-2015, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
Maybe the current trend for wearing onesies and pyjamas all day is a reaction to the amount of time people spend at work and in work clothes, especially Working Mums. Just a thought !
Anita, I could write 50 pages on this subject, I love the idea of a onesie but they don't make them big enough for me. I did buy one for a friend of ours and she was so pleased she got me a bunch of flowers, very touching.
We all like to feel comfortable when we leave our work place, we just want to relax. Many people put on a loose fitting track suit. Mary and her friends in London where I stayed had a warm flat and chose not to wear anything at all. I never questioned this but you could see that it had a deep meaning to them, it fed their inner soul.
Perhaps we all need to escape our work in some way. Warmth and candle light does it for me.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top