Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 11:43 AM

Re: Pillow Choice

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
We're a right pair aren't we, getting a new mattress next month - will be my 5th in 8 years
This will have to be it though, I dread the process each time .......
Don't talk to me about mattresses ! After lengthy research I did actually buy a mattress which combined with a very thick soft topper was heaven. The only thing then was that I started not being able to sit up in bed without hurting my back, even with lots of props !! We gave away our lovely mattress and bought adjustable beds - they are fantastic! We bought sprung foam mattresses and haven't looked back.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Diamond Lady ->
Don't talk to me about mattresses ! After lengthy research I did actually buy a mattress which combined with a very thick soft topper was heaven. The only thing then was that I started not being able to sit up in bed without hurting my back, even with lots of props !! We gave away our lovely mattress and bought adjustable beds - they are fantastic! We bought sprung foam mattresses and haven't looked back.
That's the 'big' problem with this situation - whats good for one is terrible for another, I was tempted to buy one, then a neighbour did - she regretted the purchase, so I daren't go down that road, if it doesn't work out this time, I will just give up .......
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 12:51 PM

The thing is you need to spend all night on a mattress to decide whether it's any good, and as you say it's difficult to take advice as we are all so different.

Good look with your purchase, let us know how it goes !!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 12:53 PM

I've tried all sorts of pillows, foam, memory foam, feather etc. but the best one I've found for comfort (arthritis in neck) is, believe it or not, a £8 one from Primark! But, the covering is "crackly" I can hear it when I move. I can't hear women's voices on TV but the noises from my bedding drive me nuts! The mattress creaks, the pillow crackles and squeeks! It's like sleeping in a disco! Apart from that I can recommend the pillow!
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire

28-12-2014, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I've tried all sorts of pillows, foam, memory foam, feather etc. but the best one I've found for comfort (arthritis in neck) is, believe it or not, a £8 one from Primark! But, the covering is "crackly" I can hear it when I move. I can't hear women's voices on TV but the noises from my bedding drive me nuts! The mattress creaks, the pillow crackles and squeeks! It's like sleeping in a disco! Apart from that I can recommend the pillow!
Are you sure you haven't got tinnitus ?!!
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire

28-12-2014, 01:12 PM

On a more serious note, is the Primark pillow soft or foamy? I've got arthritis in my neck and I wouldn't mind trying one. Can you give me the name of the make etc please, so that I can make sure I buy the right one.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 01:26 PM

Yes, I have tinnitus but, in my left ear and only sleep on my right side! My doc says it's the frequency of the noise!? Anyway, it just says Primark Home on label, it's a 100% cotton cover,100% polyester filling which is quite firm but, soooo comfy, I hope it doesn't flatten out like most do, if it does I'll use it for stuffing toys It was the only sort about that price so you should be able to find one. x
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 01:31 PM

I know what you mean about crackling noise of covers, I always check that first - its so annoying !
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire

28-12-2014, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Yes, I have tinnitus but, in my left ear and only sleep on my right side! My doc says it's the frequency of the noise!? Anyway, it just says Primark Home on label, it's a 100% cotton cover,100% polyester filling which is quite firm but, soooo comfy, I hope it doesn't flatten out like most do, if it does I'll use it for stuffing toys It was the only sort about that price so you should be able to find one. x

I'm sorry to have been so rude Twizard, I didn't realise that you do suffer with tinnitus, I can appreciate how that feels. My apologies again.

Thanks for the heads up with the pillow, I'll pop into Primark in a couple of weeks when everyone is back to work.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

28-12-2014, 05:03 PM

i didn't think you were rude, don't worry about it!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top