Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2014, 09:07 AM

Re: Christmas party rip offs

Originally Posted by Losos ->
You must be joking £6.45 for a glass

I know what you mean Alice, I've been to a fair number of company Christmas 'do's' and all of them (with one exception) were over priced and not worth attending. I did go mostly just to appear sociable.

The one exception was a company (now sadly taken over by some French multi national) They laid on a Christmas party in London with a good four course meal, plenty of wine, and a floor show with Les Dawson who was in good form that night, and ALL of it FREE we didn't pay a thing 'tho some of us went on to a night club and that did cost an arm & a leg
Sounds like a great night your company laid on for you all. I've never worked for anyone like that . We work as a great team at work, but like you, I just go to be sociable. I don't really like mixing work with play and prefer to go out with my own friends. I've a couple of lunches/dinners coming up and they cost half the price of the one on Friday

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top