Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2014, 06:03 PM

Re: Centre Of Attention

Doesn't anyone else think that a few posters on this forum need to be the centre of attention?

What do people need?

I regard this forum as a happy chatty place..like talking to people whilst I am waiting for a bus..you never see them again..

And then at the next bus stop..you meet new people..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2014, 06:34 PM

Autumn, I hope you continue to ask your questions as I have enjoyed reading them. It is only natural that folk from other countries, especially you, who has never travelled far, are interested in how the rest of the world live. In fact I've learned a new word today .... Discombobulation!

I would go as far as saying that you are an asset to the forum
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2014, 08:57 PM

May I say I also enjoy your great variety of questions AC, please continue with them, variety is the spice of life.
Now to your question.
Not me, I just let the world pass me by, I'm happy enough in my own little world.
I do however like asking questions of people who know or should know what they are talking about, I once got a hiding from the schoolmaster who said I was just trying to be a smart arse, I wasn't I was just a kid trying to put some loose ends in place. I had asked him was Jesus's second name Christ and were Joseph and Mary Mr and Mrs Christ, God I got a right walloping that day, but I still question things all the time.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2014, 10:41 PM

It can be quite crushing and humilating to be thought of as a smart arse Jem, especially when said in public and I can sympathise about your experience at school with a teacher (he should have been more sensitive and explained I think).

I think we can all recall humiliating events, especially at school. When I was about ten I remember we were all asked to think of an original joke to tell in class. I came up with this one which I thought was funny.
There was this butler called Ootang and his master asked him who rang the doorbell. He said to the butler "Orangutan" and the butler punched him on the nose
I thought it was hilarious and it was my own original joke (as requested) but the teacher told me to stop being a smart arse and to sit down and shut up. I suppose he didn't get my joke.
The lasting result of this was that I always feel uncomfortable and inhibited when trying to tell a joke and I mess a good joke up and so very rarely tell any.

In answer to the OP question - I tend to watch and listen and am a bit of a "people watcher" very rarely putting myself forward into the limelight because I don't feel particularly comfortable - I suppose I'm the shy and retiring type - unless roused or provoked, of course - then sometimes I stand up and speak my mind, but I wouldn't say I enjoy being the centre of attention.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2014, 10:42 PM

Some folks are happy talking to themselves, and laughing at their own jokes, bugger knows why this type would post on a Forum.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2014, 10:43 PM

AC. Ask away, I don't mind answering, if I did I would just ignore the question.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2014, 11:24 PM

I've always been happier one to one as well Julie, or at best, small groups. I've never liked crowds or noise.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2014, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
Oh honey, now why in the world would you say something like that? When have I ever been a blowhard?
I don't believe I have

Could you explain in detail why you would say something so mean?
AC it was a JOKE, obviously our humour isn't the same because we come from different countries, I don't even know what a blowhard is so obviously things can get confused.

I have nothing against you and I didn't think for a minute you would have taken it seriously otherwise I wouldn't have posted as I did, I made quite a positive post about you recently saying

"I admire you greatly for what you do, you obviously love animals and birds and that's wonderful, they obviously give you a lot of pleasure, you're blessed in more ways than many"
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 03:25 AM

I was going to respond to this thread... but after reading how it has gone... I'll pass
BDBoop
Twin Cities
BDBoop is female 

08-06-2014, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
Were you, are you the type of person who always had to be noticed at any cost?
Perhaps you thought you were, are funny but many others don't believe so.

I'm not & never will be at least not with a crowd, lol!
I don't understand that bolded sentence at all.

Be that as it may: I love chatting with people, especially if I find a quick with a good sense of humor. Never underestimate the joy to be found in a good banter buddy, that's what I say.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top