Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 08:49 AM

Re: Pharmacies

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
What's cheaper than free Val darlin'??? Those of us of a certain age and over get our prescriptions free of charge.
I'm still a young thing UJ lol ! Nothing free for me. I'm still unclear whether the free prescription for women still applies at 60 or if it is 65 now. Anyone know ?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
I'm still a young thing UJ lol ! Nothing free for me. I'm still unclear whether the free prescription for women still applies at 60 or if it is 65 now. Anyone know ?
I think it's still 60 Val, only the retirement age is changing as far as I can understand...
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
A repeat prescription is only valid for a certain lengh of time, after which it has to be reviewed, if you do not see your doctor to have it reviewed you will not be able to get any more, it should tell you on your repeat how many more you can order before it expires, It seems to me your doctor wants to see you before he prescribes any more.
The pharmacy can't get them if the doctor wont prescribe them.
My repeat prescription says you can order so many more on certain items, I don't see the doctor but get more prescriptions.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 10:18 AM

Haven't seen my GP to chat about my medication for the last couple of years - I 'phone chemist (Boots), ask them to arrange repeat prescription of my medication, they deliver my request to surgery, collect prescription when ready and I call into the pharmacy several days later and pick up my medication. Boots will also deliver my medication to me if I am unwell and unable to attend the pharmacy.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 11:08 AM

I mentioned to my GP yesterday about the problems I'd had with the pharmacy - I asked whether he had held back any medication, or refused to sign our repeats. He was quite surprised, and said certainly not.
He asked if we were in need of anything, and said we should always keep a month ahead.
Hubby said he runs out of painkillers but was happy to buy them, the doctor said, don't buy them, I'll up your prescription so you don't have to.
All in all, it proved to us that the pharmacy had 'cocked up' - my decision to go elsewhere was met with approval by our GP - it sounded as if he'd had problems with them before.
So, in a week from now I'll go to the doctors and order my repeat, go to the pharmacy where I used to work and make all the arrangements (they deliver too) and then this thread can be put to rest.
Unless someone else needs to moan.
Btw..GP said there was no need for a review - it must have flagged up for some reason
Our diabetic nurse takes care of us extremely well and he was very satisfied with all our test results over the past couple of years. (including my thyroid blood tests which the nurse does)
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 11:10 AM

Glad you got that sorted Janela
For people who rely on medication it is important to have these things clear isn't it.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 11:35 AM

Thanks and yes Meg.
Was rather a long post though, sorry, but I've got it all off my chest now

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top