Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2015, 02:37 PM

Re: Beggars

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
There should be nobody on the streets especially in Winter. If money can be found to bomb vacuous targets a thousand miles away it can be found to help people who, for whatever reason are unable to help themselves.
Definately well said!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2015, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
This afternoon my friend and I sat outside a café having lunch and just watching people come and go at one of the supermarkets nearby. Always there are the usual beggars outside the supermarket, some of them are quite aggressive but as fast as the police move them on they return. We've seen them "change shifts" on many occasions.

The one we were watching this afternoon was making good money. We sat for an hour and a half and during that time we saw at least 35 people give him the euro from the shopping cart. The supermarkets are open from 9,30 a.m (some earlier) until 9 or 10 p.m. The beggars are there all day every day, there are hundreds of people go into the supermarkets each day. The beggars obviously make a very good living indeed, no wonder they don't look for work !
Staying put in one place for that long could be construed as Work, a geezer I used to work with used to get me to cover for him while he went to the Gym, early afternoon, not returning for the rest of the day, I kid you not.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2015, 02:42 PM

Especially as I understand quite a lot of these homeless people are ex servicemen. If old men had to fight there would be fewer Wars.
If politicians had to do there would be no wars.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2015, 02:46 PM

Especially as I understand quite a lot of these homeless people are ex servicemen. If old men had to fight there would be fewer Wars.
Very true
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2015, 06:36 PM

I was verbally abused and quite scared of a begger this week..

I had to pick up a parcel it was only 5pm but quite dark and as I walked back to my car I rounded a corner and there was a man standing by the wall with his hand out.
I nodded hello but that just sent him into a rage and he started calling me names , demanding that I come back and look at him and shouting foul abuse.. I just picked up my pace and hoped he didnt come after me..

Luckily he didnt but its really put me off using that car park after dark.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2015, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I was verbally abused and quite scared of a begger this week..

I had to pick up a parcel it was only 5pm but quite dark and as I walked back to my car I rounded a corner and there was a man standing by the wall with his hand out.
I nodded hello but that just sent him into a rage and he started calling me names , demanding that I come back and look at him and shouting foul abuse.. I just picked up my pace and hoped he didnt come after me..

Luckily he didnt but its really put me off using that car park after dark.
That must have been scary Cass, many beggars and people on the streets have mental health problems, no homes for them any more.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2015, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That must have been scary Cass, many beggars and people on the streets have mental health problems, no homes for them any more.
Sadly this man is well known in town his problem is much to do with alcohol... When dry he is ok..once on the booze he gets really abusive.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

05-12-2015, 07:26 PM

Yes that would explain it, sadly on the street many don't have much but the drink. Not sure what the answer to them is they need drying out and help to stay off the stuff but going back on the street takes them straight back to the bottle.
RoughSleeper
New Member!
London
RoughSleeper is male 

07-12-2015, 04:48 PM

I think that the bigotry displayed is because of the lack of understanding of who we are, and the differences between Homeless, Beggars, RoughSleepers.

Education, Education, Education

Some good pointers here:

disqus http://tinyurl.com/petkx4l
theguardian http://tinyurl.com/q3zya7g
nottinghampost http://tinyurl.com/omcgsf9
dropbox http://tinyurl.com/o7du4sk
newshub http://tinyurl.com/n9cggpc

A happy Xmas to all.

(9.0600 x 10K hours expertise, Boots on the ground, 3775 Days, @ 1.4887 pence/day) @ http://tinyurl.com/o7du4sk
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I have to admit Sue we were in fits of laughing when he came out with that, it was totally unexpected.
They've lived with us since the 60's so it's the norm here

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top