Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2014, 10:30 PM

Re: After 50+ years of collecting...

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I've never heard of Christmas decorations being described as mess and disruption before Meg.
...they make the house look cluttered and many Christmas trees shed their needles.
It has all got 'too much'.

When I was a little girl I used to stay with my Aunt at Christmas. My Uncle a farmer used to take his axe and we would walk the fields looking for a suitable holly bush with lots of berries to make a Christmas tree. It was dressed with silver balls, tinsel and real candles in holders.
The effect of the candles reflected in the shiny leaves and the fire light was quite magical and to my mind surpassed any of the modern decorations.
I will make do with my memories and a tidy house
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 03:45 PM

I dig out the old ones [which I shall be doing this weekend] and then maybe buy just one or two more to freshen things up.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 04:03 PM

One or two of my balls are looking a little jaded this year as is the case every year so they have been binned. There are such fancy ones available in recent years so I'm slowly replacing a few year by year. Ok so I have more money than sense but its a must for me.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 07:00 PM

Oh, I love Christmas and this year I have bought a 6ft slim tree, well slimmer than the one we usually have, also bought some wooden tree decs to go on it along with some of the old stuff.
I am very minimalist - it all has to look tidy and perfect, it does take me ages but I enjoy it. A lager in one hand and the Christmas carols on the cd player and I'm happy..
donnamarie
RI, USA
donnamarie is female 

25-11-2014, 10:34 PM

Yes, I've got a nice little collection. I got most of it cheap, by shopping thrift shops and/or dollar stores.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 11:13 PM

I have such a huge family which includes lots of kids of all ages from 52 to 1 year olds so getting my house "Christmasised" is always a huge delight for me. I've just had to order a few replacement bulbs for my lit village, houses, shops and the church.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2014, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by donnamarie ->
Yes, I've got a nice little collection. I got most of it cheap, by shopping thrift shops and/or dollar stores.
I too have everything I need - I usually go to the local Big W store on Christmas Eve after 4pm when everything Christmas is marked down by anything from 50% down to 90%. It all does for the next year.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top