Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 06:10 PM

Re: Markets

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
What memories you've brought back - spend the morning there, have a hot waffle and coffee after then get the bus home - bliss
MMMM hot waffles/coffee and markets are right up my street Patsy
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
MMMM hot waffles/coffee and markets are right up my street Patsy
Those waffles were a treat to behold, melt in the mouth gorgeous. Hot chestnuts and Sarsaparilla in Winter - Bliss
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 06:49 PM

Markets are good for picking up ladies or vise versa. Women always ask me to sqeeze the melons for them..
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 06:50 PM

Hi

I love them, I can't understand why people think that the goods sold are somehow shoddy or not of good quality.

Wednesdays is Market Drayton, the main street is closed and there is a small indoor market as well.

Plants are dirt cheap, bedding plants are £1 a tray, the WI have an amazing stall, everything home made, loads of small holders sell fruit, vegetables, home made pies, bacon etc.

Shrewsbury Indoor Market on Saturday is lovely, and also cheap, butchers, speciality cheeses made locally, three stalls just selling various home made pies.

The fishmongers is great and you can even sit down to oysters and champagne there.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 06:52 PM

Sounds brilliant SF ...just what a market should be like too
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 06:53 PM

Frome in Somerset has an amazing Independent market once a month, starting in April. They had nearly 15,000 people visiting it in December! They close off the whole town and have the high street, side streets and carpark full of stalls of every kind. The atmosphere is almost carnival-like with musicians, bands etc. Sometimes vintage cars and if you're lucky there is a vintage fayre on in the Cheese and Grain hall.
The vintage stall holders dress up in clothes from different eras.
It has to be my favourite event, apart from Steampunk ones, in the area.
.. and you can always park!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

10-02-2016, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Frome in Somerset has an amazing Independent market once a month, starting in April. They had nearly 15,000 people visiting it in December! They close off the whole town and have the high street, side streets and carpark full of stalls of every kind. The atmosphere is almost carnival-like with musicians, bands etc. Sometimes vintage cars and if you're lucky there is a vintage fayre on in the Cheese and Grain hall.
The vintage stall holders dress up in clothes from different eras.
It has to be my favourite event, apart from Steampunk ones, in the area.
.. and you can always park!
That must be a lovely sight to see them wearing old style dress TessA
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I love them, I can't understand why people think that the goods sold are somehow shoddy or not of good quality.

Wednesdays is Market Drayton, the main street is closed and there is a small indoor market as well.

Plants are dirt cheap, bedding plants are £1 a tray, the WI have an amazing stall, everything home made, loads of small holders sell fruit, vegetables, home made pies, bacon etc.

Shrewsbury Indoor Market on Saturday is lovely, and also cheap, butchers, speciality cheeses made locally, three stalls just selling various home made pies.

The fishmongers is great and you can even sit down to oysters and champagne there.
Yes swimmy, the WI cakes might look nice but how can you be sure they washed their hands before making them? I bet you find a white hair in them!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 07:10 PM

If I can find some photos Aysa I'll put some in my profile album.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

10-02-2016, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
If I can find some photos Aysa I'll put some in my profile album.
Thanks TessA that will be lovely ..will keep an eye out for those

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top