Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 07:46 PM

Re: Moving on

If our thoughts are invisible, where do they go when we die?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
If our thoughts are invisible, where do they go when we die?
The same place they go when we are alive Art
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The same place they go when we are alive Art
Meg, I believe your mind never dies!
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
If an afterlife of some sort does exist, we aren't likely to be the same people we were at death? Would a child remain a child, a person with disabilities still have them, an elderly person with dementia remain demented, etc? Would we have the same relationship with our relatives and friends?
Take it easy. If you want me to answer all of your questions you'll have to take them one at a time.

They are an inquisitive lot down here, Father! I think it's time for you to create another diversion.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 08:05 PM

Meg, I believe your mind never dies!
Art I believe 'the mind' is the individual brain and a collection of 'neurons', brain cells transmitting nerve impulses. Once they cease to receive 'food' from the rest of the body they no longer function and die along with the rest of our body including our memories.
We live on in the memories of others and in the deeds we perform during a lifetime .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

03-03-2016, 08:12 PM

Art I believe 'the mind' is the individual brain and a collection of 'neurons', brain cells transmitting nerve impulses. Once they cease to receive 'food' from the rest of the body they no longer function and die along with the rest of our body including our memories.
We live on in the memories of others and in the deeds we perform during a lifetime .
Meg, I thought I was mad to believe this until I read Buddhists also believe in this theory, that your mind lives on!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

03-03-2016, 08:17 PM

Meg, I thought I was mad to believe this until I read Buddhists also believe in this theory, that your mind lives on!
I understand they do Art whatever brings peace of mind and comfort to a person has be a good thing.

I get my comfort from logic and what I believe to be the truth. We all different
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Now don't you be scared - I'll come and take you over, if I go first .........
That is a lovely thing to say, Patsy, thank you.

Don't be scared Tiff just think of going to sleep and never waking from a dreamless sleep.

Not everyone has a 'shell' some people don't actually have a body at all when they die, think of the thousands who have been 'liquidated/vaporised in explosions.'

Then there are the transplant recipients and donors, some lose quite a large part of their bodies so others can receive.
I gave permission for any usable parts of my husband to be donated and gained a lot of comfort from knowing some people had a new life as a result of this decision .
True, but there must be something left to rot anyway.

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
[/B]
Well that's brought us down to earth with a bang
Morbid aren't we.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top