Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2013, 05:15 PM

Re: What gets your goat!

What on earth can it have been advertising
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2013, 05:23 PM

I'll have a go at describing it Hazel.....
A guy sits for breakfast and pours 'creamy' milk onto the cereal, outside are a gang of cats, one looking at him thru window, the others waiting - filing their nails, flicking thru pages of a magazine, one picks up a ball using thumb - then, they get the OK...One of them opens the back door, pressing the latch mechanism with his 'thumb' and they all enter standing - staring at the 'milk' - the guy stops and stares in amazement !
The ad won an award.....
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2013, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
I'll have a go at describing it Hazel.....
A guy sits for breakfast and pours 'creamy' milk onto the cereal, outside are a gang of cats, one looking at him thru window, the others waiting - filing their nails, flicking thru pages of a magazine, one picks up a ball using thumb - then, they get the OK...One of them opens the back door, pressing the latch mechanism with his 'thumb' and they all enter standing - staring at the 'milk' - the guy stops and stares in amazement !
The ad won an award.....
so the advert was for Channel Island Milk?? but where did the thumbs come in??
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2013, 05:38 PM

Well this 'creamy' milk was a carton and you need 'thumbs' to open and pull off the tab.... Its just that the cats were watching the homes to see 'who' possessed the 'creamy' milk ! While they were waiting they used their 'thumbs' a lot ! So - it would be good, if cats had thumbs...they could do so much more...
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

26-01-2013, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Well this 'creamy' milk was a carton and you need 'thumbs' to open and pull off the tab.... Its just that the cats were watching the homes to see 'who' possessed the 'creamy' milk ! While they were waiting they used their 'thumbs' a lot ! So - it would be good, if cats had thumbs...they could do so much more...
My point exactly, your thinking what cats could do if they had thumbs, not what the product was. unless it was an advert for cats with thumbs.
Another goat has just cropped up a woman has just said "A man shot himself dead" well I've never heard anyone saying "A man has shot himself alive".
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

26-01-2013, 06:22 PM

When our kids were young they had to hope anything on their Christmas wish list hadn't be advertised on TV as they wouldn't be getting it. Not that they were encouraged to watch ITV's kid's offerings, we thought the Beeb more educational.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

26-01-2013, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
My point exactly, your thinking what cats could do if they had thumbs, not what the product was. unless it was an advert for cats with thumbs.
Another goat has just cropped up a woman has just said "A man shot himself dead" well I've never heard anyone saying "A man has shot himself alive".
on your last comment...
But, Hazel - Hazel - Hazel.... - I 'do' recall the product...
'Cravendale' Milk !....The kitties would need 'thumbs' to open the darn milk The ad was good - accept it Gal..
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

26-01-2013, 06:37 PM

We usually have Cravendale milk, but I agree it is hard to get the tab off it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

26-01-2013, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
We usually have Cravendale milk, but I agree it is hard to get the tab off it.
Ha-ha....Even 'with thumbs !'...
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2013, 08:32 PM

With arthritic fingers a lot of milk is difficult to open!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top