Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2012, 03:55 PM

Re: Shoppers

Here is my big grump............why do they always put things we small people need on the highest shelves so we can't reach them?

Thats also my complaint. As I'm only 5ft 4ins, I cant reach up for them "top of the shelf Magazines" !
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2012, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Here is my big grump............why do they always put things we small people need on the highest shelves so we can't reach them?
Oh, now don't start me off on this one.I'm short too
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2012, 07:52 PM

Well it looks like I have a shopping grump too. I am only 5 foot and I can't reach the top shelf either. It's a good job I know a man who can
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2012, 01:16 PM

Well when it comes to the weekly food shop I think I've cracked it Since absolutely no one round here speaks English it's preferable if OH goes into the supermarket while I take our two Newfies round the back of the store for a walk and then sit on the bench outside and wait for her to come out. Therefore:-
a) I never get stuck behind the 'aisle blockers' having a gossip
b) I never get stuck behind the people who can't find their credit card, or it doesn't work, or whatever
c) Best of all I never have to breathe the germs expelled by those with diseases coughing every where.

It must work 'cos in seven years I've never had the lurgi or anything nasty, OH of course has been down with flu, and other things many times.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2012, 07:14 PM

I think that's what is called a "cop out" Losos Shopping should be regarded as a challenge and we must share the experience with our loved ones, rising to the challenge and not shirking our duty
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2012, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I think that's what is called a "cop out" Losos Shopping should be regarded as a challenge and we must share the experience with our loved ones, rising to the challenge and not shirking our duty
Oh yes, but what use would I be to Mrs. Losos inside the store, picking up things she says we don't need, picking the wrong things because I can't read some of the cooking instructions, and going to slow down the aisles of apple pies and creme cakes

And she hasn't quite got the physique to hang on to two (65 Kgs each) Newfoundlands when they spot a pheasant in the long grass

It's not democracy, it's not even sexual equality, but it works for us
anna
Norway
anna is female  anna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2012, 12:32 AM

I am a really patient person, so usually don't bother much about other shoppers & their habits.
But when I visited my daughter when she was studying in London I was really scared. We were at the local supermarket and a young man kept banging into our shopping trolley (is that the right word) and also kept saying threathening things. And my daughter whispered in my ear; don't look into his eyes, don't say anything, we just leave. And so we did.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by anna ->
I am a really patient person, so usually don't bother much about other shoppers & their habits.
But when I visited my daughter when she was studying in London I was really scared. We were at the local supermarket and a young man kept banging into our shopping trolley (is that the right word) and also kept saying threathening things. And my daughter whispered in my ear; don't look into his eyes, don't say anything, we just leave. And so we did.
Anna darlin' not only would I have said something, but young man would be leaving shop with a severe limp having had my walking stick inserted into a particular orifice.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top